Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thank you Target...

...for giving us something to do this week! We have gone there twice this week just to get out of the house since we have had to spend so much time being cooped up inside due to the crazy rain/storms.
Lucky for me it was my birthday this week and I had a few gift cards to spend!! So, a little shopping, a little family time, it was perfect!
I have to say, now that they babies are full blown walking, it has really made things easier! It is so fun to get to a place and just let them down and let them walk around and explore their world in a brand new way. Both days at Target, they walked the whole time. They love it! The cutest is when they hold my hand and we walk around together :) I love this stage and since they crawled for so long, I was totally ready for it to come! They have more freedom when we go places now (which soon will be a bad thing I know!) since they don't have to be confined in a stroller or cart (the whole time anyway). Obviously when they were only crawling I'd never fathom about letting them crawl all over the nasty, germ ridden floors while I browsed. Sure, when they are walking around they manage to touch everything but I'm sure the clothing racks have a few less germs than the disgusting floors that thousands of people walk on every week. The thought of it makes me cringe! And yes, as soon as we are done I wipe of off their hands with antibacterial wipes :)
But like I said, it's so much fun bc I can leisurely browse the bathing suits while they walk from rack to rack and giggle at themselves in the mirror. They are so easily entertained and they always love a new environment and change of scenery.
Today was wonderful, we all ate lunch at In-N-Out and then went to Target for a few hours, Randy and I got some Starbucks lattes (yet another birthday gift card) and sipped them on the drive home as they babies napped. It was a bit scary at some points bc it was raining incredibly hard. But alas we got home safe an sound. I love these spontaneous days and the things we come up with to go to bc the weather is giving us cabin fever!
Maybe next year for my birthday I'll buy myself more than I did the twins this year. Probably not :) It's just so dang fun to spoil them when I can! :)






Kaleiah, in the shoe department :) She got some adorable pink Ugg's (not brand name but darling none the less)!



Kaden, nearly running around :)


Target Day #2, the peas just browsing away :)

3 comments:

Meagan said...

How cute!!! It is fun trying to come up with places to go in the rain! I start to get antsy when the weather is like this!

Tara said...

haha! yay for target! we ventured out to costco for an hour. lol.

Brenda said...

Looks like fun!