Saturday, January 23, 2010

cold season

The twins have been sick off an now now for 4 weeks! First it was Kaden for a week, just as he got better Kaleiah got something different and she was sick for a week. She then passed that to Kaden who got it much worse. Right as he got well again, she got it back, thankfully not as bad as he had it. Can I just say having sick babies adds so much more work to the day? It also makes for many sleepless nights. I am pretty tired from a month of two sick babies. I am thankful for 2 things though: 1)That Randy and I have been able to stay healthy and therefor give 100% to taking care of our sick-lings. 2) It could be SO MUCH WORSE. I am thankful it isn't anything that requires lots of meds or even the ER. We've only had to take Kaden to the Dr. once. He is on antibiotics and I think we'll start KH on them.
This nagging cold seems to be hanging around and bouncing back and forth between them. My poor baby girl can't breath AT ALL through her nose and we all know how annoying that is. She hasn't gotten a good nights sleep in DAYS (which obviously means neither have we).
Did you know "healthy" babies/children still get sick 10 times a year? I was surprised by that fact. Essentially they could be sick 10 out of 12 months! I am glad that has not been the case. But having sick babies is hard. I hate seeing them uncomfortable and I get stressed when they won't eat and aren't getting good sleep. I am praying they both get back to 100% very soon.
K, I just needed to vent. I feel better now :)

2 comments:

Meagan said...

oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. Sick babies is the worst! I actually think its the hardest on the mommies because not only does it exhaust us, but it simultaneously breaks our hearts. Its so hard.

I'm so happy to hear that the worst is over! I hope they get better soon!!! <3

Tara said...

man, i am so sorry. that sounds just awful! i hope they both feel better very soon!!

i dread when the day comes when brady gets sick for the first time. i know my heart is just going to break. not to mention the hard work; it's hard enough when he's teething and in pain. :(

and that statistic is really interesting... i have never known a baby to be sick that much, and i was a full time nanny for 8 years!