Thursday, January 28, 2010

a new first today :)

We went for our usual walk along the beach on the gorgeous trail this afternoon. Right next to the pier there is a swing set and they love it. They swung and played in the sand...which can and did get very messy. Kaden, being such a boy, loves throwing it. He loves throwing it however he can and especially, up in the air so it lands on his head. Today he even started chucking it at his sister. They were covered and I tried to brush it off as much as I could in between laughing.

We got home and since I worked up such a sweat I decided I was going to take a super quick shower before I put them down for naps. I turned it on and went to grab my robe and instantly heard the sound of shampoo bottles on the shower floor. Mind you, they were not in there when I left, they were playing in their room. That is how fast they are...little sneaks!

I came running in and found them fully clothed sitting under the running water, laughing. Luckily, the temp was barely lukewarm so that was a relief. It was so hysterical to see them in there, soaked and fully clothed. Obviously it made quite the photo op!


It made a pretty cute and funny memory to tell them later and it was a new first for me! :) Never a dull moment around here...never!





2 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL! This is the stage where you can't leave them alone for a second! They are fast and inquisitive, and can get into a lot of mischief very quickly! Little stinkers!

Tara said...

oh my word! thank goodness the water wasnt hot! if that would have happened here, brady would have scalded himself; i take my showers very hot. :)

i remember that age with my nanny babies...so much fun, but exhausting at the same time, cuz you have to keep an eye on them 24/7! either that or live in a protective bubble! ;)