Tuesday, April 12, 2011

update on potty training

Hi pumpkins! I wanted to take a minute to document some of the great days we have had potty training you! I love that I have this blog to act as your baby books bc it helps me never forget!
On Sunday (day 4 of training) we took you out on your first real outing while potty training. I say "real" because it was the longest outing yet. last Friday (day 2 of pt) we went to the beach down the street and you both went potty numerous times in your little potty but this outing was 2 and a half hours (about 30 min total in the car)! After Daddy got home from work we packed up and went to one of our favorite places. We went there becuase it's gorgeous and has lots for you to explore, lots of open space for you to run around and also it's not very crowded.
Right when we got there Kaleiah went potty in the froggy potty in the van but Kaden tried and didn't need to go. After about 20 minutes of being there we took you both to the public restroom and you both went! Then we played and ran around some more and about 30 min later you went again in the restrooms! We explored some more and then headed back to the car. On the walk back Kaleiah, you told us you need to "go pee pee in my froggy" so I ran as fast as I could back to the van. You held and and went potty in your froggy! We were so impressed!! Then we went to the park near by where we had our first accident of the day. Until yesterday it was the least amount of accidents! The most we've had in one day is 4 and I think that is AMAZING between TWO potty trainers! You have started to really understand what it means to hold your bladder and to recognize that you feel you need to go AND tell us! Awesome job!!

Since Thurs, Fri and Sat I was stuck at home potty trainging you two it made for some really long, tiring days. Fri and Sat Daddy was home for a few hours to help but then worked til about 11pm. So on Monday since daddy was off I said we had to get out! We went on another 2 hour outing and had NO ACCIDENTS!! You both used the public restroom multiple times and the froggy in the van before and after. It was so much fun and we were just so proud of you two!!! I have to say, I was pretty amazed that in just 4 days we were already able to take you out and about while potty training. It has gone just about as well as I oculd have expected, actually better than I expected! :) Waiting until 2 1/2 was definetly a good call :)







No comments: