Saturday, September 25, 2010

catching up!

I have not done an update on the babies for months 21, 22 or 23 yet! I don'i even know where to begin!!!!!

My babies, you have changed so incredibly much since the last update. It's pretty insane. I am constantly in a state of awe and amazement with how much you know, learn and understand. Your thirst for knowledge is incredible and it's is my privilege and honor to be the one to stay home with you and teach you!

Miss Kaleiah:
It's truly hard for me to describe you in words. Every mother thinks their child is the smartest and brightest but you honesty blow me away. You know things that most 2 years old no not. Aunt Molly who is a teacher says you know things that some of her 4 years old know. It's obvious you are advanced in some areas :) Maybe I'm just a proud Mommy :) By 20 months you knew your colors and shapes, could count to 10 and started learning your ABC's. By 22 months you could count to TWENTY and had your ABC's down pat! Along with the shapes you knew at 20 mo (square, star, circle, heart, triangle, moon) you learned octagon this month! When we are out, you are constantly shouting out shapes on everything you see.
You talk in nearly complete sentences and so far the most words you have used at one time is 7! You, at not even 2 years old, said a 7 word sentence, clear as day with out even pausing. I was pushing you on the swing and you said "Mommy push you so high right there?" You normally speak in 4-5 word sentences and are unbelievably easy to understand. Since you started talking, you have always been able to repeat words back perfectly. Even strangers know what your saying. It has been so nice because you can completely and totally communicate with us and tell us what you want and need. People often ask me how old you are when they hear you jabbering away bc of the fact that you talk so well. They are always surprised that you aren't even 2 :) You have a gift for remembering things which I think is part of the reason you love to learn and know so much. Your memory is just amazing to me. You always want to know every body's name and it's so cute. You love to draw and you have recently started to pretend! You will feed your baby or change her diaper. At the beach you love to pretend cook! I will ask you what you're making and you will say "Pizza!" or "Pancakes!" And then you'll make a pretend eating sound :)
You are still a wonderful sleeper. You are your happiest when there is food involved...just like me :) You can be in the crankiest or stubborn mood but I can offer you something to eat and you'll perk up and say "OK!" and get excited. You have something in our hands almost every minute that you are awake. I'm not even joking. You eat your 3 meals but you also graze all.day.long.
And you usually have to have food in both hands. You are still a petite little peanut though. You definitely have your Mommy's genes. We have really fast metabolisms!
I just cant believe how much you talk! My favorite is when you coming to me and say "look Mommy!" with something you drew or a book. You say things like " I can do it" when you are trying to do something and I try to help you, you say "I can't reach!" when something is too high. You say "I'm ok" when you fall. You'll tell me things like "not working" if you're headphones aren't on or the pen isn't working. When I fix it you say "that's better." When Daddy gets home from work both you and Kaden say "Play games Daddy's Ipad??" :) You play lots of learning games on it and you love it. It's hard to recall all of the things you say, just know you talk A LOT!!! :) This month your hair got long enough that I can now put it in a tiny ponytail on top of your head!! This is so exciting :) It's actually almost long enough for tiny pigtails!
You love to help me cook and I find that adorable. I told Daddy that we HAVE to get you a little pretend kitchen for Christmas!!
You had your first time out this week because you threw a ridiculous tantrum. To most people it would have probably been nothing but since you never act that way I was not going to let you start. I had given you a few warnings telling you that's not nice behavior and that we need to listen to Mommy when she says "no." But you started to cry and flail all over so I put you in your crib for a few min. When I came in I told you that we need to listen to Mommy and to act nicely and you immediately said "ok." I know you are just testing your boundaries and learning your limits but I also need to teach you that you may not act however you want and have no consequence's, little Missy! :)
We had another check up with your eye Dr. about your Strabismus and he was happy that it had not gotten worse. He did say that the next step will be surgery though. Daddy and I have very mixed feeling about this. While the Dr. thinks it's best in order to keep your eye from loosing it's vision, we obviously do not want you to have to go through surgery. The thought of you being put under and me not being able to sit there and old your hand terrifies me (I'm crying as I type this just thinking about it). But Dr. Wright said that he works with a very renowned and well known pediatric anesthesiologist and that he'll will ONLY work with him. He thinks very highly of him which was reassuring. It's also reassuring that Dr. Wright has performed this surgery on his on baby. Daddy says, he must believe his is the best of the best in order to perform the surgery on his own child, because you want the best doing that. The surgery is minimally invasive and you will come home the same day. We're putting it in God's hands and trusting that He'll protect you like has always has. He has had His hands over you and Kaden before you were born and he kept you alive, safe and healthy all of those weeks in the NICU as well. We know God will protect you and be with all of us. You'll most likely have the surgery next month.
As we approach your 2nd birthday I am just overwhelmed with my love for you! I honestly, 100%, can not comprehend that you are already 2. The second year went by so much faster than the first! You are the sweetest, most intelligent, animated, little girl and it as been a true joy watching you go from baby to toddler. You keep us laughing all day and I love watching you grow! I love you my little sweetheart!!!!!!


Mr. Kaden:
Oh my goodness where do I start? :) You are the definition of a Mamma's boy! I pray it always stays that way!!
You are still just the SWEETEST little guy!!! I could squeeze you you are so sweet. You are talking so much more than even a month ago! You have said up to 6 words at a time. It's just so fun listening to you and actually having real conversations with both you and your sister! You learned your colors probably about 2 months ago as well and you have just really gotten your shapes down!!! You also love singing your ABC's and twinkle twinkle little star and you can also count to twenty but you leave 2 or 3 numbers out :) You can be a picky eater which is sometimes tough. But I know you'll never refuse yogurt or corn :) You recently started love grapes and mandarin oranges. You absolutely love to draw an can draw perfect circles! You hold the pen exactly right and I honestly would not be surprised if you got Daddy's artistic genes. He's a phenomenal drawer! You have gotten so much more hair in the past few months. You LOVE to play drums. You will use almost anything to play drums!
My favorite things you say are "I found it!!!" when you found something you were looking for, or "ni night love you!" when you are laying down. You are becoming more outgoing and less reserved. You'll say hi and wave to strangers now where as a few months ago would get shy. You and your sister crack each other up and my favorite is hearing you talking with and laughing at each other when you don't even know we're watching :) You have recently started to LOVE the movie Cars and Tow Mater. Daddy had been wanting to buy yo that movie for a while bc he knew you would love it but you saw it at Grandma's house and usually watch it every time you're there. Thursday for your birthday we're taking you to see the huge Tow Mater at Disneyland!
As sweet as you are, you also have the true characteristics of a boy. You love to be rough, throw things and be aggressive with your toys which is hilarious to see. You love to make a mess and throw sand. Sometimes you will push your sissy but I know you don't actually have bad intentions. You're learning your boundaries which is natural. Yesterday I put you in your first time out though because you clonked her on the head with a toy, I had you say sorry and give kissed and explained we don't do that and if you did it again you would get "time out." A few minutes later you did it again so I put you in time out. Since you have never been in T.O you didn't know what was going on. But I left you in the crib for 2 min and closed the door. You were not happy. I came back in and explained why you were given a time out, which again, I know you don't really get yet. I asked if you were going to play nice and you said yes. So we hugged and I let you out :) I hope we don't have to have many time outs. You two are both always so well behaved that I think we'll be fine :)

I love you more and more everyday and am loving watching you grow into a little boy! You are so sweet and ful of life and still so easy going. You are simply the best!! <3


It's super hard for me to describe your personalities in words and to recall all the cute and smart things you do daily but I wish I could! Just know that you are literally the most amazing little people in the whole world, to us and we thank God for you every single night. I catch myself thinking every day, I am so blessed that this is my life. That my world revolves around these two amazing little gifts of life. I cherish it and will always thank God that I get to me your Mommy.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

ok, I read that through tears!!!!!! You are such an amazing mommy! And Randy is such a loving daddy! Dad and I are so proud of you and Randy! We have felt so fortunate that we have been able to be a big part of their daily lives. We treasure this more than you will ever know. How lucky for us that we have been able to live within walking distance for the past three years. As their second birthday approaches, in 5 days, I too, am so thankful for these two precious little people. We will never forget all that everyone did to get these babies hetre safe and sound. And most importantly, we thank GOD for them. Kaden & Kaleiah, Grampa and I love you very much. We hope you will always look back and remember all the fun you had here at our house. Can't wait for your 2nd Birthday!!! <3 <3