Sunday, August 1, 2010

A post from 2 years ago, today

The fetal fibronectin test...I had 3 of them while there. This was the first one, just 3 days after being admitted. The Dr.s were blown away that it came back negative, meaning I would not be delivering the babies in the next week. This was an amazing answered prayer and just one of the many way God showed up...HUGE...during that time. I remember as they took the test away to get the results, we were terrified. My mom and an old friend were there and with Randy, they stood around my bed and we prayed. Randy had to leave and we got the results back a few hours later. We cried! And when Randy got back and I told him, he cried. God is so good!


Today's Prayer
As many of you know Megan is in the hospital with some pre-term contractions that have caused her to go on strict bed rest. Tuesday Megan came in for a routine cervix ultrasound and they found out that her cervix had shortened and she was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. They admitted her immediately and we have been here since. They have given her medicine that have slowed down the contractions to a few every hour or so. Much better than before. Below is a prayer request that we have regarding what is happening today. Please read and forward to whoever you would like. The more people praying the better!!!

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you all a quick update and ask for prayer. Today Megan will have a test done to determine her risk of delivering the babies early. If the test comes back negative that is good. And if it comes back positive, it doesn’t mean that she will deliver, but it could. And to be safe they will give her some shots to help develop the babies lungs and brain in case of early delivery. Please rally with us and pray that this test comes back negative. We hit 24 weeks which is good but we want these babies to stay inside for a long time!!! Again please be praying for the test and also for a peace in our hearts as we wait. Thank you all so much for your prayers!!!


Love you all,

Randy and Megan

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ok, I am bawling reading this again. So vivid in my mind. I was terrified for you and Randy and most of all, I was terrified that we would lose these babies with the pre-term labor. My heart was breaking watching my beloved daughter lying in a hospital bed, tubes, wires, monitors, shots, hustle and bustle of people in and out of the room. All looking worried, but yet trying to put on a positive face in front of you. Being a mother of 6, I knew the risks of what was hapening right now. It's all I could do to look at you and not cry SO hard to not cry in front of you. Trying to be strong, positive, supportive, and all the while knowing that if that test came back positive, well, I could not bear to think of what would happen. You were so out of it, with all the drugs, and meds. That day after the first fibronectin test, and Randy, me & Jessica held hands with you and we prayed out loud to save these babies.........we were all crying, and I had chills come over me, I knew that GOD heard us, I just knew it.. But in a few hours when we got the news, we were elated! One day at time was all we could hope for. Hope was the key word here. As I am writing this now, reliving it in my mind, I find the emotions overcoming me and I am crying softly to myself. I am so thankful they were saved, and we have these two little precious miracles, here today. Love you all. <3 Mom