Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toddler seats!

This week we changed the babies over to toddler seats from their infant car seats...FINALLY!
We had to wait for them to crack 20 lbs and also we needed a new double stroller. The double stroller we have been using their entire life is just a frame that the car seats snap into. So, since we are done with those car seats that leaves us w/o a stroller. We do have our BOB double jogger but it's just that, a jogger. It's big and bulky and also it's side by side. It's not very "everyday" friendly. I can't fit up and down isles in a lot of places with it. Did I mention it's big and bulky?? Quite a task getting it in the trunk by myself!
We gathered up tons of the babies items/clothes they they not longer need or use and sold them to this great second hand store called Children's Orchard. I was really surprised by all the great stuff they had! Although it is mostly a second hand store they do also sell brand new stuff but at great prices. We were hoping to find a double stroller there in exchange for what we had to sell...and we did! We scored a GREAT Graco double glider stroller for only $55.00. It retails for nearly $200. It's in fabulous condition and it's black and tan so it's perfectly gender neutral. We were so stoked!
Now that we had a new stroller, we could finally install their toddler car seats. Poor things are so tall that their long legs were always bent and tucked in bc they were simply too big for their infant seats! As soon as we put them in their toddler seats for the first time, you could just see how much they loved it! They really realized that they had a whole new view and much more room. We must have commented half a dozen times to each other how comfy they looked, especially when they fell asleep in them!!
They love looking out the window and our windshield. They love when I turn around and talk to them and tickle their feet. Before, all they could do was stare at the mirror in the head rest bc they were facing backwards!

These toddler seats were given to us by our awesome Pastor who has 6 years old twin boys (so we also have the next one up from these too)! They are really nice seats. The covers are gray which totally work for them. But I came across this site and can't stop thinking about these adorable car seat covers!!! These are the ones I love for Kaleiah:

http://www.hipncozy.com/toddler-products/darling-diva-toddler-car-seat-cover.html

http://www.hipncozy.com/toddler-products/pink-brown-damask-toddler-car-seat-cover.html

http://www.hipncozy.com/toddler-products/zebra-car-toddel-car-seat-cover.html


But I also found out that you can send in your own fabric and they will make you a custom cover! Luckily for Kaleiah I have a few yards of this adorable owl fabric!! I think I'm going to send that in and pair it with the hot pink minkey dot! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anyhow, enough rambling. The twins love their new seats but I can't get over how much older and bigger it makes them look! They really are toddlers. No more babies :(
Ok, don't get me started or I might cry about it :)

Enjoy the pics!




6 comments:

Kristen said...

Have you heard about the importance of Extended Rear facing? Like you I looked forward to forward facing my first but about a month before she turned a year I came across these videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8, and I changed my mind. She's still RFing at 2 1/2! I hope this doesn't seem like I'm criticizing your parenting but I wanted to share with you in case you hadn't heard about it :)

Tara said...

hey sweetie,

i hope this doesnt come off like little miss know it all or anything, but please watch this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyIv9QVRBE

from one mommy to another, i think you should really watch it. rear facing is really safest and best. brady is almost 30 pounds and he's still rear facing and we probably will for as long as we can.

Meagan said...

oooh! Owl print would be soo cute!!

Megan said...

Thanks gals. To eachs own on parenting right??

Randy said...

thanks for the advice, but we are doing what works for us. The law is 1 year and 20 lbs and they hit both criteria so we feel safe to turn them around. i appreciate your input

Tara said...

exactly, what works for one parent may not work for another. im so glad you understand where i was trying to come from. just a place of love. :)

just one of those feelings i felt on my heart to show/tell you just in case you didn't know.

i had no idea myself, until my pediatrician talked to me about it recently, and gave me the link to the video. i had no clue!