Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweet Irene

I have a very dear friend named Irene whom I met when I was 20 and started working at Saddleback church and we were coworkers for the next few years. She became one of my best friends and was like a mentor to me. We were very close and I confided in her things I couldn't confide in anyone else (besides Randy). When I needed a Godly woman's advice or words of encouragement, she was the one I went to. Her spirit, knowledge and attitude were such an example to me and she made we want to be a more Godly women. She probably doesn't know what an everlasting impact she had on my life. Life happened and I don't get to see her as much as I wish I could. I remember when I was in the hospital on bed rest and I got an email from her, it was just what I needed. She was the one person whose words of wisdom I was needing to hear at that time. She is just an amazing woman.

I actually, until yesterday, had not seen her since I was just about 3 months pregnant when we met for frozen yogurt and looked at my ultrasound pics :) When I saw her at church yesterday it was like no time went by at all. I love friendships like that, the kind that you can go years with seeing someone but you pick up right where you left off. She finally got to meet my babies and she instantly fell in love. They loved her, too!! She new Randy and I when we were just dating. She saw us in the season of engagement and she came to our wedding. Now she has seen me in motherhood! Very special.


P.S. Don't we look related?? :)



l

4 comments:

Meagan said...

What a blessing!!! How wonderful. I have several relationships like that and I cherish them fully. I love the ones where you can just pick up where you left off. That is such a God thing.

I'm happy you guys got to spend some time together!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

CRYING..........I LOVE Irene!!!!!

Irene said...

My Dear Friend, I'm just now getting to your site and feel so humbled by your beautiful words. You will never know what a blessing you are to me. God gave me the most amazing gift when He put you in my life. God bless you, Randy and those precious little angels.

Irene said...

Megan, I just saw this and am so humbled by your sweet words. I miss seeing you everday but cherish the time we had and will have. You have become an amazing wife and mother....but, I knew you would! I love you.