Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Memories Monday

I am a few weeks behind on this!
Here is a brand new memory and a fabulous one at that...

I.LOVE.DATE.NIGHT.

We try to make it a point to go on a date at least once a month. Life is so busy with raising twins and all. Plus my husband is in ministry and very devoted to his job and our community so that keeps him busy as well. Baseball season is about to start so I will see him even less :(

Needless to say, we both cherish date night. It's always so refreshing to reconnect and have each others undivided attention. It's no secret that my favorite place is Laguna Beach. Has been for, oh I don't know, about 17 years. Randy and I go there any chance we get. In fact, we were just there with that babies again on Monday :) In our last few outings there I have pointed out a new place called Nick's. It looks awesome and plus, it's my dad's name :)
Tonight that is where we went and I don't know if that is a good thing bc now I am obsessed! I can easily say it is one of my top 3 favorite restaurants.
We started with asparagus fries which are quite possibly the most addicting "fry" I have ever had. They were ever so lightly breaded in panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dipped in ranch...they were PERFECTION!
For dinner I had one of the best things I have EVER eaten. And I LOVE food so I don't say that lightly! :) The ribeye melt...juicy, tender, medium well ribeye with melted Swiss, caramelized onions and a bacon mustard. All of that inside crunchy Parmesan sourdough. OH.MY.GOODNESS. Heaven on earth.
Randy had delicious, fresh sea bass w/ lemon and some sauteed spinach and veggies! YUM!
We could barely eat our dessert...peanut butter cheesecake with an oreo crust!
I could go on and on about what we ate but I'll spare you :)

After dinner we drove all around the hills of Laguna checking out the gorgeous houses, like we have done for years! We have so many memories in Laguna and I'm happy to add tonight's date night to them :)





6 comments:

Tara said...

sounds delicious!! love the boots and jeans with that top! super cute! we'll have to definitely try nick's next time we're in laguna! yay for date nights!

Megan said...

Why thank you! Yes, you HAVE to try it if you are ever down here!

Tara said...

my sister in law lives in socal and we go down a few times a year. we'll be there again in april. definitely gunna have to scout that place out!

Megan said...

SO fun! We live about ten min away. You def. have to try those asparagus fries!!! If you or Matt like red meat, that ribeye melt was PHENOMENAL.

Tara Marie Photography said...

ahhhh! you are making my mouth water!! asparagus and steak are two of my favorite things!!! i definitely CANNOT WAIT now! we should totally meet up at the park or something for a platedate!

Megan said...

that would be awesome!