Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quick update






Just a quick blog to let everyone know the babies are doing so well and for that we praise God. I will briefly update you on their progress:
Both are in what they call an open crib which is a very good step. And they are right by each other for the first time since they were born (they had been across the room from each other). Being in an open crib means they can regulate their own temperature! It's also great because it means when Randy and I go see them we can change their diapers and go right ahead and just pick them up and hold them. Anyone who has seen my myspace knows that we finally got to hold Kaleiah for the first time on October 9th (9 days old). The only tubes either of them have is the feeding one! And they eat only breast milk :) I truly believe it is the reason they are doing so well. Kaleiah was not doing as well as Kaden and then she started to be given breast milk and every single day we came in, she had improved to the next step. The only difference between them right now is that he eat 2 cc's more than her per feeding. She has caught up so fast! It's amazing how much healthier she looks from a week ago. I do "skin to skin" with them almost every time and I LOOOVE it. They are now what they nurses call "calm growers" meaning now they are just needing to put on weight and be able to take a bottle, a certain amount and a certain number of times a day. They have tried twice with Kaden and once with Kaleiah (they try at 34 weeks and the babies turned 34 yesterday). I have a feeling the babies will be home in maybe 2 weeks! So yeah, they are doing great!! I just want them home with us!
As for me, I am EXHAUSTED. I am recovering from 2 months of hospitalized bed rest so my muscles are so weak and tired from not being used for so long. Also recovering from a major surgery I am sore and have to take it slow. And I started pumping the day after they were born, every 3 hours around the clock. So I get 2 to 2.5 hours of sleep at a time. The energy it takes my body to make milk, on top of the recovery is absolutely draining. My only daily activity is going to see the babies and it takes ALL the energy I have. But everything I have been through and have to do now is so worth it. It's only been 11 days, I know it will get easier. I couldn't do it without my husband or our families (especially you mom!) that's for sure. We have amazing families. Speaking of me being drained and exhausted (emotionally and physically) please know that to all of you who email, text, myspace etc that I thank you for thinking of me and checking in but I honestly have no extra energy and so sometimes it's impossible to follow up with everyone. But I do appreciate it and apologize if if I am unable to respond.
Here are some pics of our amazing, beautiful babies...

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Megan, I am so proud of you for your strength, determination, love.........all for the love of your precious babies. Now you are beginning to realize what it means when it's said " A Mother's Love" is like no other.

Love, Mom

Dan and Sam said...

Praise God!! You all look great! So happy for you!

Suefalla said...

I'm so glade to hear that the babies and you are doing so good!! Praise God!!

Much love!!

sue