Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nursery!

K&K, I just realized, I don't think I have ever posted a photo of your nursery...and since this blog is my "journal" to document your sweet, little lives...I needed to do so!
In our previous home, the one you came home to, I was hospitalized before we even began the nursery. Since I was only 23 weeks, we hadn't started yet...we thought we still had plenty of time. So, it was hard for me to pick out your bedding etc just by looking online from my hospital bed. Finally found a boy bedding I LOVED and searched for weeks for a girl bedding that I would love. I wasn't dead set on having matching themes but when my mom found the exact same bedding but for a girl...I fell in llove and had to have it!
My amazing family helped get it all ready but it broke my heart that I couldn't be there physically doing it. I think that's one of the most exciting things along the journey, getting the nursery ready!!! I can tell you, I had looked forward to that forever. But I had to pick out paint colors and explain where to place things, all from my hospital bed :( I am so grateful for everyone who helped though. Daddy was great about understand my desires and he would bring me pictures to look at as it was coming along. It looked great!!!! But I was always a little sad that I didn't actually get to help.
When we moved a year ago (you had just turned 7 months) I finally got my chance to "help" with your new room!!! I was so excited to go pick out paint by actually going to the store, taking your blankets with me to match and to actually paint it myself!!! I secretly love painting :) I felt like I had so much more say this time around and the fact that I got to put my sweat into it meant so much to me. We did things a little differently with this room, but just paint wise. The first nursery was a nice tan color, tying in the tan from both bedding sets and also because it was totally gender neutral. My dad helped install the beautiful, white chair rail. I can't find a picture of your old room at the moment :/
This time we decided to add some color. I matched the paint to specific colors in your bedding and I LOVE it still to this day. It's bright and cheerful and fun. And I loved being a part of it! :) Hope when you look back at this you will love it too :)



2 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh i love it! And I love the colors you picked. That looks amazing!

Tara said...

i love how they each have their own individual sides of the room! one masculine and one feminine. very cool! great job!!

let's see the rest of the room!! :)

gosh i long to decorate a nursery again!