Thursday, June 17, 2010

First pool day of the summer!

We have a pool in our community about 2 minutes away, walking distance. I have been waiting for the June gloom to let up so we could go to the pool and today it did! My 7 year old niece is here for a few weeks on summer break so she came over to go swimming. It was the babies 3rd time ever and first time this summer.
They were not fans of the cold water. It was seriously cold. But I think they are also just used to warm, bath water. They didn't mind sitting on the edge with their adorable feetsies in or even sitting on the first step but this year they were not too fond of their rafts or being in very much.
My dad helped us get settled and then it was just me, my twins and Maddy. My chest was tight nearly the whole time bc babies + pools make me so nervous. I know all it takes is one quick look away, or one second of letting go to even adjust my hat and they can fall in. I NEVER took my hands off them but with two almost two year olds who have their own opinions, not to mention different personalities and needs (one did not want to be near the water, one wanted to go in) it was pretty hard! So, as much as I enjoyed myself, I also had a little anxiety :) And this people, is why I can't go to the pool with them by myself. It bums me out but I have even had people say, you don't know until you try! What? It's barely even possible. When they are older, for sure. But right now, especially at this age...not so much. I was so thankful when Maddy would come and help me if I needed it. Otherwise I would have probably have had a panic attack, lol!
Again, babies+pools just scares me.
ANYWAYS, these pictures are to die for, I could just eat them up in all of their cuteness. I seriously love having twins AND one of each!!!







1 comment:

Tara said...

her suit is ADORABLE!