Wednesday, June 9, 2010

20 months already??

Wow, in just 4 short months you will be TWO! This, I just can't believe! There is no way I feel like I am about to have two 2 years old!
This year went by so much faster than your first year and I really doubted that such a thing was possible. But, ever since you turned one, you have been the most fun of all!
The older you get, the more you learn and the more your personalities bloom. You have given us non stop laughs and made this one of our very favorite years ever!


Kaden William,
You are still as easy going as ever! I hope that will never change, it's such a great quality! You have become such a little boy over the past few months. You love to rough house, you love getting messy and you are super strong!

You love your sister! You will grab your sister from behind, wrap your arms around her and give her the tightest hug in the world! Often it startles her (and sometimes makes her fall) but you mean nothing but love!

You love our new van and the first thing you do is climb up to the driver's seat to "drive" which is so cute.

You love to have your teeth brushed.

You're two top eye teeth have broken through which will make 8 top teeth including your top two molars. Along with your 4 bottom teeth, your first two molars have broken through as well! You've always been amazing when it comes to teething. You never really act any different but we can tell when it's bothering you.

You have gotten so.much.hair. the past month! It's such a soft strawberry blonde color! It's actually long enough for me to style, in the form of a Mohawk :) Which we do after every bath :)

You are still 100% a Mamma's boy. You never let me forget that I am your #1. I love when I'm rocking you and you'll nuzzle your little face up to mine and put your little hand on my cheek and just hold my face against yours.

You LOVE to cuddle with me and I love if just as much...probably more :) I love the morning when Daddy brings you in if sissy is still asleep and you just cuddle with me as we both wake up.

You are obsessed w/ tummy, you're always pulling my shirt up to lay on my tummy, give it kisses or just put your feetsies on it (something you have done since you were a baby when you wee nursing). Daddy and I crack up bc it's usually the first thing you do, get a little foot up there and rest it on my tummy! You love to sit on my lap facing me and stick both your feet under my shirt. You think it's so funny!


I love the bond we have, it's so special and it's what I always prayed to have with my son. I tell Daddy all the time I hope we are always this close. I hope you grow up to respect me, tell me everything and always be that sweet, respectful Mamma's boy. My prayer is that I can be a Godly example to you as a mother, that you see God's love in the way I love you, your sister and Daddy. I will always be your biggest fan and will always stand behind you. You are going to make an amazing young man one day!

I love your sweet, sensitive, smart, easy going, friendly, sometimes shy personality!
I love you so, so, so much!



Kaleiah Hope,
You are so dang smart! You know as many words as someone about a year older than you! You learn new words every day. And you remember them. I have always been blown away by your memory (being able to remember and recall is a milestone set for 24 months, you've been already doing it for 6) and association skills!

One morning last week you and I were sitting on the couch and you had your boo (your blanket) and I was sitting under my blanket that I always use on the couch. You pointed to it and said "Mommy's boo?" which made me laugh then you point to the one Daddy always uses and said"Daddy's boo?" I asked you what color each of them were and of course you knew. Later that night while driving in the van you randomly said "Mommy's boo?" I knew you must have been thinking about it so I decided to see if you would remember the color after being told just once that morning. I asked you and after a second of silence you told me mine was red and Daddy's was yellow!

You currently don't have any new teeth coming in that I know of, you have 6 on top including two molars and same for the bottom! You are not a fan of us brushing your teeth because, like EVERYTHING else, you want to do it yourself :) So it can be a little difficult at times :)

I love your sweet, smart, independent, adventurous, sometimes dramatic personality :) I hope we continue to be close and have that special mother daughter relationship. I want you to come to me with everything, I want to be your best friend but never stop being your mother. I have seen some relationships that are the perfect balance and that is what I hope for. I can't wait to see the beautiful woman you become and what you accomplish. I love you more than words!





In the past month/six weeks you both have mastered your colors. Honestly, it still blows me away. I researched it and also learned from talking to a lot of Mom's that this milestone isn't usually reached until 3 years old! Seriously, that's amazing that you both already know your colors. The ones you can point out when asked, bring me something that color when asked and also tell me on your own are:
Yellow
Red
Blue
Green
Purple
Orange
Pink
White
Black

You also know the following shapes when asked or just when you are playing you point them out:
Heart
Star
Moon
Circle
Square
Triangle

You are talking so much it is nearly impossible to list them this time! Kaleiah, you have started to talk in groups of 3 (sometimes 4) words most of the time. Like when we were at the park and you were climbing the stairs and turned around and said "Mommy help you?" Or "Steps careful boom!" Kaden, you talking 2-3 words too and although it's not as pristine as Kaleiah's words, I can always understand you!
It's so crazy to me how much you both talk and understand. I can ask you if you want something and you'll intentionally tell me yes or know. You will come to me and ask for what you want weather it's a drink, to go outside (even specifically the "swings/ slides"), tell me where you got hurt etc. It definitely makes things easier!



You have changed so much, even in the past month, it's been remarkable! You learn so much everyday and I love your thirst for knowledge! There's learning opportunities in every situation and I would like to think that you know so much already bc of how much I teach you :) That's it's not just by chance :) I pride myself in teaching you knew things everyday, taking you to places to experience new surroundings and teaching you about them. That's one of the best things about staying home to raise you, I get to teach you everything you will learn...well, at least until you start school :) It's truly my honor to raise you two, you are the light of my life!





1 comment:

Tara said...

what you described is exactly the relationship i pray to have with brady, too. i love the bond we have now and i hope it never changes.

when i was watching the bachelor the other night, it really stuck out to me how "rated-r" was showing ali a pic of his mom and he goes "there's my mom. my beautiful mother. my best friend. she's amazing." i know brady thinks that now, but i hope he always will. ;)

i love how k&k's personalities are so different!