Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010!

I had a FANTASTIC Mother's day for so many reasons!
It started off when I got my gift early (on Friday)! It was an adorable beach cruiser, I have always wanted one. It happens to be my favorite color, too :) We took it out for a ride and it was splendid! Randy takes the twins running a few times a week and I was able to join him this time because I had my cruiser! I rode along in front of them, waving to my babies and they loved that! It was an absolutely gorgeous day on the beach trail (when is it not) and a great way to start off the weekend!

Then on Saturday we had a cookout at my parents' with 5 of the 6 of us kids, for my mom. We had delicious food and a fun time hanging out and celebrating my mom.




On Sunday Randy, obviously by working for a church, wasn't home until the afternoon sometime. So the actual first half of the day was pretty ordinary. I guess I always pictured Mother's Day to be like what we always did with my dad, for my mom, growing up. He got us all up and we helped make breakfast while she slept in or did as she pleased. We made pancakes with strawberries and whip cream and bacon. That's what she always woke up to.
But when Randy got home he said, let's do anything you want to do! Almost any time we go out it's to Laguna Beach. It's like our second home, we are there so much! We headed out to lunch at The White House, my favorite place to get eggs Benedict. It was awesome and it was fun becauseit was Kaden and Kaleiah's first time there :) Then we got Starbucks and even got the twins their own Strawberry Creme fraps :) I also got an incredibly sweet card and gorgeous flowers from my love.


Part three of Mother's Day was dinner with Randy's Mamma and fam at Captain Jack's in Seal Beach. They are famous for their prime rib and Alaskan king crab legs. Naturally I got the crab legs (one of my ALL time favorite foods-EVER) and Randy got the prime rib. I refuse to eat prime rib bc I do not like my meat RAW (gag)! He loves it and was giddy over the size of this one. We had a great dinner although it was short (reservations were at 7:30 and the babies always go to bed by 8:30. Needless to say they went to bed later than we like but it was for a good reason) and it was nice to celebrate Randy's mom, too!





THEN!!!.........Today was my "real" Mother's Day bc Randy was off and it was "my day." It began with "Happy Mother's Day to you, Happy Mother's Day to you, Happy Mother's Day dear Mommy, Happy Mother's Day to you!" As all three of them walked in with breakfast in hand!
It was a scrumptious breakfast of Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. I had trouble eating it though bc little munchkin hands were digging in to the whipped cream :) I didn't mind!


After breakfast it was off to my massage that I had been aching for. I hadn't had one in over two years, they are such a luxury! It was AMAZING and the huge knots I had are gone. I wish I could get a couple massages a year! I mean, I have twins! Doesn't that say enough? :)
After my relaxing massage I went to one of the biggest malls around us with my big sis, South Coast Plaza. She had an interview and I had a gift card that was burning a whole in my pocket. So while I waited for her I spoiled myself some more with Bath and Body Works goodness!
I got home around 5 to my two cutie pies so excited to see me and a handsome husband who had been cleaning throughout the day! I would say this Mother's Day was amazing and I felt very blessed and appreciated!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day! Glad you were pampered! And I remember you kids and dad always making me pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream! In fact, dad and Pete made that for me on Mother's Day morning!! :) It's my Mother's Day Tradition!

Tara said...

sounds like a fabulous few days of celebrations!

i agree--massages are amazing and definitely a must when a mom!

happy mothers day, megan!