Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beach Babies

Yesterday I had an impromptu photo shoot of the babies :)
It was actually their very first time in swings. I don't live near any parks with swings but there are a few sets at the beach where I walk with the babies. I don't know why I have never put them in them until now, I think because they were already being used or because I didn't have any antibacterial wipes! I won't let them touch anything in public without wiping it down first!

My mom was with me yesterday and we had so much fun watching their expressions as they swung. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE firsts! There's something so magical about seeing their reaction to something they have never done. As I sat there pushing them I remember thinking, THIS is what life is about. Raising children, being ever so present in every moment and getting to see life through their eyes. There's nothing more important to me and I am so blessed!

After the swings, we took off their socks and let them play in the sand. Kaleiah was so neat and dainty with it, carefully picking up small piles between her first finger and thumb and Kaden was bulldozing it, eating it and throwing on his head. I LOVE how they are SUCH their genders!! He is such a BOY and she is just a little princess!

I have to say, these pics are some of my VERY favorites. I have taken, as of this month, almost 1,200 pictures of them since birth. And yes, I am completely proud of that. No one could ever, EVER take too many pictures of the children...especially in the first year because they change SO MUCH each month. Besides, I am a photo fanatic. Photography has ALWAYS been my hobby/passion. It is a dream career of mine and has been since I was about 15. I have wanted to start my own photography business for years. Now that I have such great camera, I plan to pursue my dream this upcoming year.

I am a self professed pathological picture taker. I am so proud to have a picture of all their firsts and to have over 1,000 pictures to give them when they grow up, of their first year of life. It's irreplaceable!

I am also planning on sending a few of these (along with others) in to modeling agencies. Some of the ones from yesterday look like they could be blown up and hung in baby GAP (and I'mpurely bragging about the cuteness of the twins here)!!! :) Hey, if I'm not going to brag about them who will? :) Seriously though, I have been intending to get them into print or commercials since they were 6 months old. I better get crackin' before they are really not babies anymore! Everywhere we go, we get stopped. They truly have something special about them <3








4 comments:

Laycee Lemons said...

You should SOOO pursue your dream of a Photography business Megan! I can tell you first hand that it's been soooo fun shooting for other people and so rewarding!

Meagan said...

So fun! I have so many of Rowan already too and its ridiculous but I don't care! I love it!

Brenda said...

I had so much fun yesterday too! It is so wonderful to have my daughter and her babies living so close. We are so lucky we get to spend so much time together. You take awesome pics and I hope your dream comes true soon! And yes, get those little ones into modeling! They have sooooooooo much personality! It will pay for their college hopefully!

Tara said...

i get made fun of all the time for always taking so many pics, but its like what you said...who cares! its your BABY (s). of course any mother would take that many. especially if you're a mother who enjoys photography as much as we do. its only normal! :)