Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thoughts from Dad

Lets see here- I have watched the video a dozen times or so- I've slept on it- I've talked with a bunch of people.

Here are some of the thoughts that are going through my brain:

1. In reflecting on the video i realized how DULL my reaction was to the verdict of a boy and a girl. Now some say that my response was because i already knew... that is not the case. The only thing i can think of is that i was in shock. I had convinced myself after hearing what the doctor had mentioned during our ultrasound. (Megan mentioned that she thought the doctor ruined the surprise by saying there is a possibility of the babies being identical-meaning they were the same gender.) Whatever the reason is pathetically Megan's pure joy and excitement makes my response look extremely pathetic.

The truth is i am so overjoyed that it is a boy and a girl and i really don't think it has sunk in yet.

2. I'm a bit nervous to become a dad but i think the joy of becoming a parent is currently overriding any nervousness...maybe its because i dont want to think about the work that is going to be involved. I like to just jump in to things instead of analyze what is going to happen.

3. Megan as a pregnant wife is doing great! I know you have heard on her end that things are great, but from the Husband's point-of-view, she has been great. Not whinny, or moody, or complainy (not really a word but you get what i am saying). On top of that she looks so cute with her little belly growing!

4. I hope and pray that they continue to develop healthy and strong.

5. Not only do i get a boy to play around with, rough-house with, and enjoy sports like football with; but I also get a girl who can be daddy's girl, a girl that can cuddle up on the couch with me and watch a movie, and a girl whose theme song will be "Still Cleaning This Gun" by Rodney Atkins.

The chorus goes something like this:

Come on in boy sit on down
And tell me about yourself
So you like my daughter do you now?
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl
Her momma's world
She deserves respect
That’s what she'll get
Ain’t it son?
Hey y'all run along and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Bet I’ll be up all night
Still cleanin' this gun

Boys- I know there is still a long time (like 18 years) but be careful... i know people...and you just watch yourself, i would hate for anything bad to happen to you.


6. Holy cow this is real!


-RC

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hey Dad..............love your words of wisdom to anyone that even THINKS about dating your daughter! LOL!! What an awesome dad you'll be! I am sure her brother will watch out ater her too! Nick was cracking up over it! And so were our friends Peggy & Danny!
Love ya,
Brenda