Monday, June 30, 2008

Kicking babies













At about 11 weeks I felt, what I now know, what the first "kick" or movement of one of the babies. By 13 weeks I was feeling them all the time. Faint, muscle twitch type feelings all over in my belly. These early movements are called "quickening" and it was neat to feel them.
Well, last week Randy and I were watching t.v in bed and I was lying on my side with my hand draped over my belly. All of a sudden "KICK!" Excited, I thought to myself, was that a baby kick?. I slid my hand under the cover and placed it over my belly where I had felt it. Two seconds later another one. So I quickly said "give me your hand!" to Randy and put it on my belly, without explaining why. We waited quietly and sure enough, "KICK!"
I looked over at him and his eyes got great big and he was smiling. It was so exiting! I'm so glad he was right there the first time I felt it and could feel it with me! Now, they kick all the time!
I can't believe it's to the point where we can feel it from the outside. They really do grow so fast and are getting bigger and stronger week by week. I love feeling them kicking.
Randy has gotten to feel it many times and it's the coolest thing! Saturday before the beach I was eating breakfast in my bathing suit and could feel one kicking so I looked down and just waited and watched my stomach. I saw it move about 4 times! It was so weird (n a good way)!
It's not to the point yet where it's totally obvious. They are just starting to get strong enough that we can feel them but you have to sit there with your hand in the spot where I felt em and just wait and then sometimes they like to be funny and they will stop because they know you are waiting :).
<3, Megan+2
It's so exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your bb dinosaurs are kicking already?! eek don't let them escape yet! : )

kim vers said...

That is so exciting, but the picture . . . Oh My!!! eeeeeeeee