Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our 4th was mellow and relaxing, just the way it should be. We started it by heading to the beach in the morning, I rode my beach cruiser and my hubby ran while pushing the twins. We made sand castles and played in the water. The beach was packed and it smelled like barbecues and ocean air. The best!














We came back, ate lunch and the twins took a nap and then we headed over to my parents for a yummy BBQ. We had delicious steaks and I made my mom and I a cocktail called Pimm's Cup. It was so summery and refreshing with the lemon, cucumber and mint. I also baked my very first flag cake, something I have wanted to make for years. I even made homemade buttercream frosting which was fun! Everyone loved it and it was so pretty and festive!








Kaleiah loves her cousin Maddy and who is visiting from CO. She never has a girl to play with!


The boy cousins :) Kaden, Corbin and Lucas( brothers)




6 of the 8 grandkids. 2 of my 4 nieces and my 2 nephews :)







my fam (most) :)




love this so much, she did that sweet pose all by herself








After dessert we all headed to the beach to watch fire works.
the gang

This is the first year we have watched them with the twins! Their first 4th of July they were 9 mo. Last year they were 21 mo and we were in the Caribbean so we didn't celebrate. This year we def made some great memories. One of my favorites was when I took Kaden with me and we snuck down to the end of the water so I could capture the fireworks closer and he and I sat there in silence just watching. The waves were gently crashing up and the reflection of them on the water was beautiful. I was holding his little hand and we had such a sweet little moment.


It was a great day!

1 comment:

Tara said...

such a fun day!! i love the 4th!!

that moment between u and k sounds so precious! ill never forget brady's first fireworks where he actually paid attention (the first year he was only 4 months old).

he was in pure awe. eyes like saucers. one of the reasons why every time we go to dland, we do the fireworks every night, cuz i just love seeing that awe and amazement and magic in his eyes.