Saturday, July 2, 2011

the boots

My twin sister and I had a pair of red Kenny Rogers western collection cowgirl boots when we were 2-3. I remember wearing them and I remember seeing pictures of us wearing them with jeans, a red and white checkered shirt and pig tails. My mom has talked about the boots many times. I knew she has saved them for our daughters when/if we were to have them and I know my mom and I were both excited at the prospect of Kaleiah getting to wear them one day, since I did have a daughter after all :)
I decided last month that she would wear them for 4th of July weekend, if by luck, they happened to be her size. We kind of forgot about getting them out of storage for her and I was hoping it wasn't too late. Well today we found them and as luck would have it, they are her exact size, a toddler 8. And the pair we happened to find were mins, not Molly's which made it all the more special (my mom had written our names inside with a permanent marker).
I had a major itch to do a quick photo shoot just to get some shots of her wearing them bc it's so special. It's not often that a child gets to wear something their mom or dad wore at their age. These pictures will be keep sakes :)
I had the perfect setting in mind, it just popped into my head. I obviously wanted something red, white and blue themed but it needed to be fast and I didn't want to go far. On the stretch of beach below us there is a solemn tree trunk with an American flag attached. That thing has been for as long as I can remember. I decided that's where we could go bc it's 2 min from home and easy.And oh my word, was it just perfect. Love the simplicity of it.
So here are some photos of my girl wearing her mamma's boots. Thank you mom for saving these. I'm sure you are bawling already by this point and it will only get worse when you see the photos and the memories of us wearing them when we were 2 come flooding back :)




4 comments:

Brenda said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Yes, I am bawling my eyes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHat precious photos! You and your twin sister Molly LOVED wearing those! Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if I saved the plaid shirt! Thank you for taking these pics! I hope one day Kaleiah can hand those Red Cowgirl Boots down to her daughter too! ANd on and on and on down the line! :) <3 Mom

Anonymous said...

That is suuuuch a cute idea! I have two pairs of Garrett's boots and I cannot wait until they fit Rowan! In fact, this post totally reminded me about them! I should have him dig them out of the garage :)

This is so special, I know your daughter will cherish these photos when she grows up.

Love!!

Tara said...

Sooo special!! I LOVE dressing the boys in matts old clothes!! Brady has already been able to wear a handful of old shirts, hoodies and a pair of boots. Can't wait to see peyton in the same. Makes my heart melt!! Kh should save them and give them to HER daughter! Keep the tradition going!! :)

Megan said...

Oh, of course she will!!!!