Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

Mother's Day for me had 2 parts which it usually always does reason being, my husband is a Pastor therefor gone for the first half of Sundays and also Mother's Day is always spent celebrating my mom in the morning and his mom in the evening which doesn't give me much time to my "own" Mother's Day :) So we often to "my" mother's day on a separate day bc my husband is so sweet and wants me to have a whole day where I feel special and appreciated for all I do as the Mommy of our twins :)
That being said, the first part of Mother's Day was spent having breakfast for my mom with some of my family (we have a giant family and not everyone can always make it). Since I can remember we have done pancakes w/ strawberries and whipped cream for my mom. This year was no different :)
Part one:






After naps we headed to dinner with Randy's fam to celebrate his mama! We ate at Lucille's BBQ which is just to die for. My fav thing is probably the cheese jalapeno grits. I.love.grits. It was probably one of the most enjoyable dinners out bc K&K were so good. Like, beyond good. They are always so well behaved but as any 2 year old, they get antsy and when they are done eating they want to get down and go explore but the rest of us are still trying to eat (especially me...I rarely get to A) finish a meal and B) eat in peace). But this time, they stayed in their seats the WHOLE entire time. Not only was dinner DELICIOUS but I actually got to eat to my hearts content! And after they were through eating, my brilliant husband thought to bring his ipad so they happily watched bubbles guppies until it was time to go :) Also a big thanks to my hubby fore being on potty duty and taking them both potty multiple times so that I COULD eat :) Being able to eat an entire meal 98% uninterrupted was a fabulous mothers day gift in itself :) It was a great dinner, good food and family :)


Me and my two treasures that are the reason I get to celebrate being a Mother!! Thank you God for these 2 miracles and thank you to my sweet children for making my dream of being a mother come true. I love every single day with you!!!














Me and my awesome MIL :)

my wonderful in-laws

Mother and sis in law :)








Part two:
On Friday morning I woke up to an empty house (at 10 am)! A few minutes later my amazing husband walks in with a beautiful, simple assortment of gerber daisies he picked out himself and venti white chocolate COCONUT mocha! What a way to start my day!!

He told me to get dressed bc he was taking me to brunch to get my favorite...eggs benedict. Of course my fav place to eat that is in Laguna Beach at The White House :) We went there last Mother's Day as well :) I definetly felt special that he took time to do something so sweet for me to appreciate me, nearly a week later :)




Then, with a the cash gift from my in-laws (which I was told strict instrctions to spend it on MYSELF since that is a rarity...and who I am to disagree with that?)... I got these adorable flats that I had been eyeing for weeks :) Woo hoo!




I am blessed. Not bc I get cards and flowers and gifts but for the simple fact that I AM a mother. I am so honored that God chose me to be a mother of 2 absolutely amazing children. And I had a FABULOUS Mother's day(s)! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day -you deserve it! You are an amazing mother!!! :)

Anonymous said...

PS I LOOOOVE GRITS TOO!!! I've only eat sweet ones since I was a kid, until we went to SC, now I'm obsessed with savory! I will have to try jalepeno cheddar that sounds out of this world!