Tuesday, January 25, 2011

28!

On the 18th I turned 28. 27 was another fabulous year and I can't wait to see what 28 has in store!
I celebrated for 4 days this year, I have never done anything like that before, it was fun and as a Mommy of twins I think I deserved it :)

It started off with an hour long Swedish message with my sister (in case you didn't know, I am an identical twin!) :) Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of us at the massage.

The following day my Dad who I am very close with, took me on a beautiful motorcycle ride to Romona, CA where we had breakfast at a place he and my brother (riding buddies) frequent and it was even on Diner, Drive Ins and Dives. It was so good! I have always loved riding with my Dad so it made my birthday extra special :)
We made it home in time for me to go get the twins down for naps and then when they woke up we headed over to my parents to have a birthday bbq my mom organized, with all our fam! Dinner was delicious and it was great to have everyone there (minus my brother Trev, his wife and daughters :( ) It's a blessing to have so much family close by, even if we are all crazy at times and don't always get along :) After dinner we opened cards and had cake! It was a great night and I felt special!
Monday night was girls night which consisted of myself, my sis, our Mom and our Grandma! We went to a fondue place which I had never been to but have always wanted to try! It was delicious!! They had 100 martins to choose from and it was just so fun to read all the different kinds! My Grandma had Georgia Peach, my Mom had blue island breeze, my sis had
sugar cookie and I had skittles :) It was a special occasion and it was fun celebrating my sis and I!

Tuesday was my actual b-day and I woke up to my two favorite little people singing me happy birthday! I melted. As I got ready, I found 2 handmade cards from my cuties (which I will save forever!) and one amazingly sweet one from my husband <3
Then my handsome man took me to breakfast at my fav place (for breakfast food) in my fav city! We dropped the tots off and enjoyed a nice breakfast ad stroll around the cute town. It was such a beautiful day and a perfect birthday morning!
And to to end the days and days of celebrating we went to dinner with my in-laws to one of my fav places- PF Changs! Good food, good company and a great end to a great birthday! I am blessed, for sure.































4 comments:

Tara said...

sounds absolutely perfect! i love to stretch out birthdays as long as possible!! :)

i still cant believe you guys are identical! to me, you look nothing alike! i mean, you do, but you know. ;) if i didnt know, id surely guess fraternal!

great pics, as usual! :)

Megan said...

Haha. Well, being identical does not mean you lok EXACTLY the same...we are stil two different people. It's about the fact that we (all identicals) came from one single egg that spilt AFTER conception. That is why fraternal twins look no more alike that any 2 siblings. Bc they are 2 seperate eggs fertalized at once. I have never seen fraternals that look as much alike as identicals do. Our facial features are SLIGHTLY different but we have (and always have had) the same hair, body frame, height, shoe size etc. Everything else about us is identical, even our feet and hands.

Meagan said...

You and your sister are gorgeous!!!!! You eyes are gorgeous.

Happy Birthday!!!!

Brenda said...

I am glad we live close by too!And so glad the your Gramma, and the Peas Great - Gramma got to be here to share in the birthday celebration of my twins!! And yes, you are right in your explanation of identical twins. You and Molly are identical, one single placenta, same sex, nearly identical finger prints. And of course out of all 6 of my kids, only "the twins" got the red hair!! Anyway people often have no idea about identicals. They often think they are supposed to look identical. However, the definition is highly similar, but not exactly alike. Anyway, this one of the best Birthday celebrations! Love you RHA # 1! :)