Friday, November 20, 2009

Update time!

Here is a quick update on Miss Kaleiah Hope:
She has started to stand by herself! That means one thing...walking is next. She has actually attempted to a few times but only at our prompting. She doesn't seem quite ready but that's ok :) People are asking all the time, now that they are 1yr, if they are walking yet. I say no and when they look surprised I explain that they were 2 months early so some things take a little longer plus, all babies are different! :)
I know some babies that started walking at 9, 10 mo. Some at 14. So it's all good. They'll do it when they are ready just like everything else!
But they other day, she took 3 tiny steps to me and we were able to get it on video (see the bottom of this post)! I was so proud of her. The night before actually, we were at my parents and she took two steps and that was her first real attempt. I got my wish about being the first one she walked to :) I think it's the mothers right to get it first but I'm just sayin :)

She talks A LOT. She amazes me with how many words she knows. Curious Grampa was googling and said she knows about as many words as an 18 month old. Most 13 month olds know about 3-4 words. Here is a list of the words Kaleiah says:
Mommy
Daddy
Kitty, meow
Doggie, woof
Choo choo (train)
Cookie
Cracker
Milk
More
baby
ball
cheese
snack
shoe
bear (her comfort)
paci
owl
banana
down
eye
hair
She can communicate so well, its amazing and makes things easier. For example, if she is thirsty she'll either say milk or open her mouth as big as she can and make a sound that sounds like yelling but in a strong whisper. It's hard to explain, lol. But I love that she can tell us if she is thirsty, wants her paci or a snack! She is so dang smart! If she sees a doggie she says woof woof. When she see's Riley our cat she says ki, ki (kitty, kitty) and then "Meow!!" She'll also say "no! no!" to him and boy does she mean it :) So cute! She knows where your eyes, ears nose and hair are too.
She is quite the princess and can throw little tantrums already! But, they are few and far between. She is a really good baby! She is my little Asian Princess and makes me sooooooooooooooooo happy! I love her to pieces!

Mr. Kaden William:
Such a boy. Loves pushing things around the house, anything that slides-boxes, baby food containers or toys! They got a shopping cart for their b-day and he loves that thing!! Recently he discovered he can climb in it so he does that every time he sees it. He also loves to climb in open drawers and in boxes. He loves exploring the house, he'll wander off and as soon as its quiet I go looking. He loves being found/caught. He thinks it's hilarious. He loves knobs on any cabinet or drawer!
Unfortunately he thinks "no, no" is a game and just laughs when you say it!
As always, he is super easy going and so lovable and sweet. He is my cuddle bug and has been extremely attached to me lately. He and I have always had that special mother-son bond but lately he will only let me rock him to sleep and just flat out wants me and only me at any given time. He will cry and squirm w/ Daddy and as soon as I take him he'll sigh and hug me. Melts me heart! Randy says, well you wanted a mamma's boy and you got one! I love it. Although when I'm trying to change sissy's diaper or make dinner and he is hanging all over me, it makes it hard!
He doesn't say as many words as sister but he does know and understand them. He can say:
mamma
dadda
milk
ball
banana
baby
meow
down
I love this baby more than I could ever describe! He is perfection and I love him to pieces!!!



The past 2 months have been so fun. The older they get the more fun it is. They are so full of personality, are so teachable and understand so much. They are more independent and can entertain themselves and each other for short periods of time. It's also so awesome bc we can take them anywhere. We go out all the time, almost every single weekend! In the beginning, I was lucky if I even went outside for a few min a day, let alone take the babies anywhere. I am also down to just ONE nursing a day! They still love to nurse right before bed. I can't believe I have nursed twins for nearly 14 months! While I still cherish that time we have, I am excited for in a few months from now when we can stay out past 7:30 on a date and eventually go on an overnight get away!
I still sit in amazement everyday that I have these two children to raise and love. It's unbelievable to me how much love I have for them and how I ever lived with out them! They bring so much purpose and importance to our lives and whenever I look into their little faces, I see God's miraculous work in them. They are more than I ever dreamed my children would be.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

We are so lucky that we live so close and we can see them almost anytime we want! I love it when you walk over to our house with the peas in the double "Bob" stroller! It has been pure joy to watch them grow from NICU preemies to these amazing little babies that are learning to talk, love exploring, and know who we are, they say mmmm ma for gramma! They know grampa! They light up our lives!

Dan and Sam said...

Great update!! I love how different they are. That was so Gracie, first word at 8 months, and non stop talking from then on. Its amazing how fast they learn. They really are sponges!

Meagan said...

They are just too cute!!! So smart! It is amazing!!

Tara said...

neither matt or i were premature and i wasnt walking until 13 mo and he wasnt walking until 14 mo! so, we're gearin' up for brady to be a late bloomer in that department as well. you're absolutely right, every baby is different!

your babies are precious and sound so smart!

ceemay said...

i love KH walking video. KH & KW are growing up so fast!!! i miss the little tiny babies. i love the peas n i love you n uncle randy. you both are great parents:)
love, cousin cee
crystal