Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2008 vs Halloween 2009

What a difference a year makes!
On Halloween night 2008, we spent it sleeping in the hospital with our 4 week old twins for the first time. I was so excited to spend the night with them FINALLY, but a little anxious as well bc after all, I had just spent 2 intense months in this place :/

We went to the NICU and wheeled them in their cribs to the room we'd be sleeping in. I brought my milk and we prepared all of their bottles for the night. It was all on us now. A dry run. A taste of what it was going to be like, just us and our preemie twins. While I was SO thankful for all the care of the NICU nurses, I, as their mother, was ready to take care of them myself.
So, we got settled in and went to sleep until it was feeding time at midnight, 2am, then again at 5am. We were used to sleeping in 2-3 hour intervals bc I had been pumping on that schedule for a month a home. But it was great to just go pick them up and feed them, and just be us 4 for the first time EVER.






When the sun came through in the morning it was awesome to just look around and see our little family, to see our precious twins with no feeding tubes, nor monitors. It was a great night overall.




Halloween 2009 was the best yet! Since our babies weren't home last year it didn't really feel like Halloween. This year was so fun, they are 13 months and just SOOO FUN!!! Kaden was the cutest little Dragon and I have ever seen and Kaleiah was the most beautiful little princess!!!
Randy and I were Jon and Kate Gosselin. I had a wig that looked just like her hair and Randy, well all he needed to do was be Asian. So, that was pretty easy :) It was SO MUCH FUN! We went to Farrell's ice cream parlor that will be opening at the mission mall this week. We were invited to a private experience with some friends before it opens. After dinner we took the babies to Gramma and Grampas for their first stop! Then we just went to a few neighbors who just died over the peas. Then we back to Gma and Gpa's and had pizza while the babies played. It was a super fun Halloween. But I must say, I am so looking fwd to next year when they are TWO!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

And that orange shirt. Totally Kate!

Brenda said...

They were so cute for Halloween! The costumes were perfect for them! And as sit here watching Kate of Jon and kate, tell her side of the story, I keep staring at her hair! Your wig was exactly like her hair! It is too funny! And Randy, made a great Jon! LOL!!!