Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009!

We had a wonderful Turkey day this year! We spent the whole thing with Randy's side of the Family. Starting last year, we now take turns and last year we spent it with my fam. My parents were out of town anyway so it worked out great!

I can't help but reflect on last year and how far we've come since then! Last thanksgiving the peas were just shy of two months old but in reality would have only been 1 week old. Plus, they had only been home from the NICU for less than 3 weeks!!
That day was so exhausting simply because we were DEAD from ZERO sleep, I was still recovering from everything and was beyond drained from nursing/pumping every 3 hrs. It took all the energy I had to get dressed (which I think it was really the first time I got "gussied up" (as my dad would say) since they had been home! But we had a great time at my parents house with my huge family. The babies slept the whole time and obvously had no clue what was going on.

This year, they are at an amazing age and had so much fun. They loved playing with the Great Aunts and Uncles and other family members! They especially loved eating all the food! It was so fun to pile on the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and other fixin's and watch them try it. Today created such great memories and I have so much to be thankful for!







2 comments:

Meagan said...

How fun!!! Its so cute they got to eat with you guys!! Rowan slept through dinner!! LOL. And I love your dress!!!!!

Tara said...

sounds like a picture perfect day! you look beautiful, and i agree with meagan; your dress is awesome! i love those sweater dresses!

the peas look so cute trying all the foods for the first time! anything they didn't like?

brady loved the turkey, mashed potatoes, yams and pumpkin pie. he wasn't a fan of green bean casserole. haha!