Monday, December 12, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving this year was rough. A few days before, Kaden got sick and threw up but thankfully it was less than 12 hours. 3 days later and on the day before TG, Kaleiah got it. She threw up all day and night for 2 days including all day leading up to TG dinner with my husbands family. We hadn't gotten any sleep (any of us) the night before and I was dreading taking a sick child out and around 20 people (that's literally how many family members were there). The reason we went was because my sister in law was doing the gender reveal of their baby and I really wanted to be there to see! We were also supposed to take my in laws Christmas card photo. So we decided we would just go for an hour. We ended up staying for 3 because she was doing *ok* but I was stressed out the entire she didn't feel good and it was just too chaotic and I knew she just needed to be home resting. I didn't get to eat more than 3 bites of TG dinner so we took it home. I only took about 5 pictures which is not like me, if you know me! But I was not in the mood and I really couldn't with my sick girl attached to my hip. But we are thankful we got to spend a little time with family and be there to see my that my sis in law is having a GIRL! Kaleiah is especially excited because the only cousins she plays with are 2 boys (brothers). Her closest in age girl cousin (4 mo apart) lives in CO and her other girl cousins are teenagers. So she is excited to have a little girl cousin to play with :)




3 comments:

Tara said...

i love the idea of doing the gender reveal in some sort of fun way. since our 3rd will most likely be our last, i was thinking of doing a gender reveal party, surrounded by friends and family, where we cut open a cake and the filling is either pink or blue for a girl or a boy...i actually saw the idea on your friend haley's blog for her first son, and i have seen it so many places since. i think it is such a FUN idea!!

im so sorry your babies were sick! i am glad everyone is better now though! being sick on a holiday is no fun!! :( you look beautiful, as always!

Megan said...

Yeah, we found out in a super fun way too and video taped it. It was just us and I loved it! I think everyone should find out in a fun way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the babies are all better now! I feel for you.. its so hard seeing your baby sick! And to have them both sick on a holiday is rough.

Despite the lack of sleep, you look aamazing!!!