Friday, December 23, 2011

snow

Last year for our Christmas card pics (and for fun), we drove up to big bear which is just a few short hours from our home on the beach (I love that we can play in snow and in sand in the same day if we want to!) and had a ball. The pictures were so sweet and still to this day some of my VERY fav's (currently still have 5 framed a year later). To see those pics look here http://twopeasinherpod.blogspot.com/2010/12/snow.html

We had such a great time that we decided it would be our annual tradition. So last week we headed up hoping to get some cute shots to choose from for our Christmas card. Well we got up there later than we hoped, right at nap time to be exact) and it was about 20 degrees colder than it was last year. So the tired, hungry, FREEZING children were not a picture taking mood. Kaleiah actually was miserable after about 5 minutes. I had all sorts of props and cute ideas and I didn't get to use a darn one. Kaden was happy to be in a new environment and even though he was cold, he wanted to play in the snow. We snapped a few pictures before Kaleiah started melting down and I had to take her back to the car for warmth. We got ONE family picture. I got a few of them playing and one of my husband and I and that's it! I was so beyond bummed. Days of planning, all morning packing up and a 2 hour drive and only 10 minutes there. But I couldn't keep them out there, torturing them in the cold wind :( I can't blame them anyway, I HATE being cold and add being tired and hungry to it and that's pretty much my hell! So we chalked it up to just another adventure and memories made. We're planning on going back up next week to just play and hopefully go sledding :)








1 comment:

Tara said...

im sorry! :(

we ended up having two pictures sessions before we ended up getting our christmas card photo. i feel your pain. luckily, the photographer was understanding!

at least you guys got a few good ones!! better than nothing! :)

and i absolutely 100% agree--best part of living in cali is you can do snow one day and the beach another! VERY lucky, we are!

we are going to lake tahoe for vacation this week and it will be brady's very first time in the snow. i am SO excited to see his reaction!!

hope you guys have a very merry christmas!!! <3