Thursday, March 10, 2011

"finger paniting"

Something my twins love to do is finger paint. They love the feeling of the cold, slimy paint in their hands and they are even intrigued by the sound it makes when they squeeze their hands together! Every time we finger paint it starts out by them neatly smearing it around on paper, then slowly it ends up on their arms then maybe their tummy or cheeks. But this last time went to a whole new level. They were COVERED in paint by the end. Kaden's face was entirely covered and he was having a ball! I know some mother's would cringe at the thought of letting their child make such a mess, let alone, get covered in pant but my motto as a Mommy has always been to live it to the fullest. So to me, it was pure joy to watch :) Hey, it's washable anyway so what does it hurt? :)
When Kaden first took his hands up to his face and started to wipe the paint from his forehead to his chin, he looked at me and paused, waiting for some sort of signal from me that it was ok :) I smiled and nodded, he grinned from ear to ear and did it. He did this over and over until his face was covered in a rich, plumb purple hue and the way it made his green eyes pop left me speechless. It was so gorgeous looking.
Kaleiah was uncharacteristically reluctant to get messy which was super funny to me. This is the same little girl who need a bath after every single dinner bc of how messy she gets! I loved the way she looked after she smeared the paint down her face, reminds me of an American Indian or as Randy said...a mini Braveheart :) I also love how it accentuated her adorable almond shaped eyes :)
I love the little moments like that, something that starts off so ordinary and becomes something that fills the house with shrieks and laughter. Something that lets them be 2 and be free to experience new things. I love everyday I get to spend teaching and raising them. I live for these days and I LOVE capturing them in photos :)










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so adorable!!!! I agree - let kids be kids! YAY!

They are stunning with the paint on their faces!

Tara said...

frame that first pic of kaden!! PLEASE!! it is perfect!!