Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

This Halloween was a lot different than last year! It was so cute that K&K understood to carry their buckets and if they said "trick or treat" they would get candy! Also it was a lot of fun bc last year they weren't walking yet (they were 13 months). This year they were running all over! Our first stop was of course to Gramma and Grampa's :) Then we headed up to our church for BLOCKtober fest. It was a "block party" and a safe place for families to take their kids instead of real trick or treating. Our church has over 20,000 members so there was easily 5,000 people there. It was insane but I love that it provided a place for anyone to come (not just members) and hang out, have fun, eat, play games, and still get candy :) There were multiple jump houses, a petting zoo and pony rides, face painting etc. While it was so crowded, we did get to see a lot of our friends some of which we rarely get to see so that was fun! The babies had a blast running around (the few times we actually had room to let them do so!) and eating candy. They have candy once in a while but they were in heaven last night. But hey, it was Halloween :)
As for their costumes...they are both really into the movies Cars right now. They know all the characters and have a dozen of them that they play with! I was watching it with them one day and the scene was one of which they were in the 50's. There was typical 50's music was playing and I pictured poodle skirts and greasers and a light went on! That's when I decided. Before that, I really hadn't given it any thought. Since I am pretty frugal and LOVE crafting I knew I wanted to make Kaleiah's poodle skirt rather than buy a costume. Cost me $12 to make it and the rest of her stuff was just her normal clothes (expect the scarf was a loaner from Auntie Kristi, thanks KC, it was perfect!). All Kaden needed was a leather jacket, he too had the rest of the stuff in his everyday wardrobe. Knowing he would never wear a leather jacket after this (it's not really our style :) ) I wanted to just borrow one. When that didn't work out, I decided we should check Children's Orchard, a place that buys and sells new/gently used clothes. After about 20 min of looking, I spotted one! It was $6 and I was super stoked! So I had two costumes for less than $20 and they couldn't have been cuter! :) Check out my ADORABLE greaser and 50's girl....








I <3 my parents






At BLOCKtober fest






attempting to feed them some dinner!


It was so crowded, it got a little overwhelming (mostly for me) so we sought some quiet in one of Daddy's old offices at church so we could eat dinner. They had fun playing in there too :)




2 comments:

Brenda said...

They were the cutest little trick or treaters! I love that we live so close to each other! It was so cute when we were sitting in our living room, with the door to the our courtyard and front gate open. Then we heard these tiny little voices saying "trick or treat". Grampa and I jumped up and raced out to see if it was Kaden and Kaleiah. It was! We could not get over how adorable they looked in their costumes! And Kaleiah's poodle skirt was too cute. They realized they were dressed up and that something fun was happening because of it! Too cute! And they both loved grampa's little spiders he had placed all over the webs and fountain. So funny!

Tara said...

such a cute theme!!

glad u guys had a great time!! :)