Sunday, November 14, 2010

A few new rides

If you read my blog regularly ou know our home away from home is Disneyland :) A few weeks ago we went to just CA Adventure and took the twins on 2 new rides. First we went on the "big Mickey wheel" as they call it. I am no a fan of heights but I had to suck it up so they could try this new ride! It is actually just a ferris wheel but man is it high! And some of the carts actually swing back and forth as it goes around. No thank you! Multiple times during the ride I had my eyes closed or without knowing it, would have a look of fear ion my face. When Kaden or Kaleiah would say "What's wrong Mommy?" or "Mommy crying?" I would just say, oh...no...Mommy was just resting. Hahah. They loved being up to high and looking at everything from a new perspective.
Then we went on a ride which I can not remember the name of, for the life of me. It was basically like dumbo but looked like rockets. They loved it!


K&K LOVE the movie Cars currently (especially Kaden...typical boy :) )so imagine their excitement when we got there just as the parade was going! I love the look of innocence and wonder in his expression :)










I just love him in this beanie!


This was one of the times I was closing my eyes, Kaleiah wanted to close her eyes too :)










This may be an unknown fact to some but my daughter is petrified of fuzz. She has been for about a year. She spots a lint ball or a feather and freaks out. She will see a piece of fuzz on the carpet and point to it and start whining in fear and sometimes crying. Don't ask me where this phobia came from...but it's kind of funny just bc it's so random :) Kaden is always pulling the fuzz out of his car seat cover when we are driving and will throw it at her. You can imagine her reaction. Again, kind of funny :) She is terrified of cotton balls, especially the whole bag of them! But I have had her hold a cotton ball of piece of fuzz and have her realize they aren't scary and won't hurt her :) She has gotten better though, I have to say :) Well, after the rocket ride I decided to get them a treat they have never had before...cotton candy! I thought this would be so special and that they would love it but I should have known Kaleiah would freak! I honestly didn't even think about it but to her, it looked like a HUGE clump of fuzz! She was starting to cry and I coulnd't help but crack up at what she must have been thinking..."Why are Mommy and Daddy eating fuzz??? And why are they trying to feed it to me!!!??? She must have thought we had lost our mind bc we were eating fuzz. We literally spent 5 minutes trying to convince her that it wasn't fuzz and that it was actually yummy. She licked it but still would barely even eat it. Such a funny story, I can't wait to tell her about it when she is older :)

3 comments:

jerfalco said...

Was the unknown ride California Zephyr? I only remember that one because of a great song by ben gibbard (death cab for cutie/Postal service) called California Zephyr (check it out). so i kinda love that ride. and cotton candy = fuzz. awesome. Yeah who could guess where she gets random fears from? greyhounds anyone?

The Brook's said...

The rocket ride at DCA is the Golden Zephyr & I always want to ride it hopefully it was fun. I just LOVE the fuzz story so random but hilirious!

Tara said...

the golden zephyr is one of bradys FAVORITES. and because there is usually no line (at least when we've gone) we can ride it over and over. i think last time we were there we rode it 7 or 8 times in a row. people probably thought we were nuts, but brady LOVES that ride!!

everytime we go on the ferris wheel i make sure not to get a rocking cart. that scares the crap out of me!

the fuzz thing is so funny! its really interesting how random kids can be. brady is very particular about being dirty. if he has even the smallest scuff on his shoe, dirt or hair on his hand, tiniest spot on his shirt, he freaks out. like really, truly, does not like it. cracks me up. lol.