Thursday, October 8, 2009

Twins turn ONE!

I can hardly believe it (still) but my babies turned one year old on September 30th!

This past year has been surreal! It's hard for me to find the words to describe it. As I reflect on the year that has passed, the biggest emotion I have is gratefulness. I am and forever will be grateful to Jesus for laying his hand on me and my babies last summer, for protecting their lives and giving them life! I honestly think about those days in the hospital, every single day. Had one thing been different, they may not be here at all. I will never be able to thank God for his grace and protection and provision.
During the the severe bed rest, NICU and first few months home with preemie newborns it was impossible to see to this point. I couldn't imagine the next day let alone the next week or month so to see where we are a year later...it leaves me feeling speechless.
I have two of the healthiest, happiest babies ever-who constantly fill my heart with love and joy! I wake up everyday, excited. I wake up everyday thanking God for this gift. Sometimes I feel so happy I could cry, just because I know things could have been VERY, VERY different.
Being a first time parent and coupling that with having twins, was (and some days still is) incredibly challenging. I have learned more about myself this year than I have in the past 26 years of my life. I have learned what I am made of and what I can do. It has shown me that I must continuously focus everything on Christ and the rest will fall into place. I have learned that the thing I desire most is being an example of love and not just any love but, God's love to my children. In my actions and in my words. I have to remind myself of this daily. Like any human, I fail at times.
This past year has fulfilled so many dreams. Watching these precious babies grow and develop and change each month is amazing. I am in love with who they are and who they are becoming. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with them every single day. To hug and kiss them 7,000 times a day. To console them, to play with them, to teach them. To experience everything first hand with them and witness every new thing they do. I am so grateful that it's my husband's desire as much as it is mine, for me to be a stay at home mom and I am grateful that God has provided for us in so many ways so that I can continue to do so.

In my next blog I will update what the babies are doing these days but for now, enjoy the pics of the birthday!

The birthday babies!


Some goodies
Singing happy birthday! I made organic dairy free carrot cakes w/ applesauce and all natural frosting :) They loved them!
Daddy and his babies!
Nana cam down to celebrate!



We had their party on Oct. 4th. I had so much fun planning it, I just love the theme! Thanks to all our friends and family who came and celebrated our babies, they are very loved!
I made these center pieces myself!
Thing 1 and thing 2! I hand made Kaleiah's tutu. It was huge and totally screamed "birthday girl!" I had so much fun making it and can''t wait to make more!


Me and my twin sister!!! It is still unbelievablt to both of us that I have twins!!
One word....Priceless!!



5 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't believe they turned one already either! I am so thankful that everything had a happy ending! God definitely had his hand on all of you. It has been a joy to be able to watch them change and to live so close to one another that I can be there to help. So thankful they are healthy and happy! You and Randy have been the best parents, I will tell them someday! Love You, Mom <3

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWW How cute and yes god bless these wonderful Beauitful babies...I Still remember reading your blog about you when you were prego with the babies and how I even pray for you and I don't even know you but your stories touch my heart as well and thats why after a one in an half i still read your blog..But what Cute PIC of the babies 1st birthday God Bless them WOW...It's so Wonderful and I'm so happy for you and your family your whole family again God Bless take care...They are very bless to have mommy home with them What a great hubby you have.JEJEJEJE

Take Care
AWilamrie from south florida.

Megan said...

Thanks so much Wilmarie! What's your email again??

Meagan said...

Im so happy for you guys! Our God is incredible!!!!! I cant believe that they are already one year!

I also love the bday party! Everything looks amazing! and I love your dress!

Anonymous said...

hi Megan my email is Wpenso@yahoo.com


wilmarie

P>S I also have facebook and myspace just type my name Wilmarie Penso from south flroida..Take Care..