Tuesday, October 13, 2009

K&K-12 months

I will start by saying, the past month has been one of our very favorites! What a fun age!

Kaden and Kaleiah are 12 and a half months today.
They have changed SO much in just the past 2 months. They learn so many new things each day and are SO PLAYFUL, so HAPPY and so teachable. They are so smart and such quick learners. They understand so much, more than we probably think they do!
I have to say, it has been so much easier having twins now that they are a little older. Still just as busy bc everything I do is doubled-that will never change :)
They understand "no no" and other little things like "wait" or "come get it" so that is making it easier! It sort of blows my mind that we can verbally communicate and understand each other! I feel like they are just little babies still but they are becoming little people :)
That is one of the main reasons it has become "easier" because I understand them so much more, now that I have had a year with them :) I understand their needs based on their faces, their actions and now, their words. It's less of a guessing game like when they were helpless newborns.

Let's start with Kaleiah (Ladies first...I have been teaching that to Kaden :))
She has learned in the past month how to:

Blow kisses (still melts my heart, especially when she does it out of no where to me)
Wave hi and bye bye (so adorable!!!)
Shake her head no and yes
She also knows many words. She understands more words than she knows how to say but her list of what she can say is pretty impressive if you ask me :) :
Cracker
Boon (Balloon)
Ball
Baby
Shoe
Meow
Mamma
Dadda
Choo(train)
Boo!
tickle tickle
Wow
Owl
tyou(thank you)
Kaaa(Kaden)
Oh and "peewww!" Aunt Molly taught her that when she had a stinky diaper! She says with such enthusiasm too :)

Those are words she says when she sees the object or when she repeats after you! She is so dang smart and can imitate almost every word you say. It's so amazing!
The other night in the bath tub, Randy had the ducky towel and said "all my little duckies say quack quack" and with out hesitation she said "cack cack!" We just stared at each other! She is a little echoing machine! I am constantly amazed at how much they learn and how fast they change. She is as always, the sweetest, funniest baby girl with so much personality. I am so glad she is MINE :)

Kaden has started jabbering so much! Kaleiah has been doing it for so long that at first it was normal. But then we realized that he never used to talk this much so it's so funny to hear! It's very cute!! He is a typical boy, always into everything, seeing if he can pull it or yank it. He understand so much but doesn'tverbalize as much as sister. We all know girls develop faster especially in the communication skills so it's no worries! He is the SWEETEST baby boy I could have ever dreamed of. If he was someone elses son, I would be jealous :)
He is a complete and total Mamma's boy, which I always wanted!! He just has the sweetest little demeanor about him. He is so happy and so easy going, so full of love. He loves sneaking off down the hallway into the guest bathroom and being caught! I will notice he isn't around for a second and I will call his name while walking down there. I will peer in and there he is standing up at the toilet, waiting for me to see him, with the most mischievous smile! It's so cute! They both love exploring the house!
They aren't walking yet but that is fine with me! I have enough to do and have to chase them all over as it is! I can't imagine at ALL, having two walkers!!!!!!!! I am going to be a whole new level of busy!
All in all, I am loving this stage. So active and so eager to learn. I thank God every single day that I have these healthy, lovable twins!

.for their birthday they got these awesome umbrella strollers. They are cute and light weight but the best part is, we can push just one baby (something we have never done until now)!








1 comment:

Meagan said...

This is making me want Rowan to hurry up and be one! ha ha. It sounds like such a fun stage!