Thursday, July 9, 2009

finger foods

Over the past week I have started to introduce finger foods to Kaden and Kaleiah.
I usually break up their Gerber yogurt snacks into tiny pieces and stick em in their high chairs for a snack. They don't really know what to do with them yet. They are still getting the hang of coordinating the use of their pointer finger and thumb. Kaden mostly just moves the pieces around and they end up on the floor. Also, he is not used to having to chew his food so he usually chokes a little (not to worry, I am always supervising them and the pieces are so small that they can't really choke). I don't think he is quite ready for it, he doesn't show much interest. So I think I'll try more with him later.
Kaleiah shows much interest in my food when I'm eating. She also chews her yogurt melts and is good at picking them up! Still trying to get the finger and thumb thing down. Today I gave them little pieces of turkey meat. She liked it OK, Kaden not so much :) It will be another month or two before I give cheerios but in the next week or so I hope to give them steamed carrots and some banana pieces. Goodness, they are growing up!



2 comments:

Brenda said...

It is so funny watching them try to pick those up and eat them. Kaleiah really likes to try to eat finger foods, and Kaden, not so much. They are growing up too fast. I feel like they were just born and how did these last nine months go by so fast??!! They are very special little babies...........so glad they made it into this world safe and sound. I will never forget all we went through to get them here. We are all so blessed. Such happy healthy babies!

Meagan said...

Kaden's Facial expressions are adorable!