Tuesday, June 2, 2009

8 months

On May 30th, Kaden and Kaleiah turned 8 months!
It is insane to me how fast time goes by!
This age is so much fun! They are so playful and have big personalities!
Kaleiah has been army crawling for the past 3 weeks. She is so quick! Her favorite thing to go after is our kitty. She will see him across the room and she will start making her way to him all the while making her little excited noise. She gets very upset when she can't get him.
Randy says she looks like a wounded soldier when she crawls bc she drags herself with one arm :) It's so cute! She's getting closer to crawling everyday!
And for teething, she is one awesome baby! Her tooth is poking up and it is sharp.
Kaden is happy as always, always laughing and smiling and playing! He definitely makes me smile so much that my cheeks hurt! I think I can see a glimpse of a tooth on him as well. He's not so much into trying to crawl yet and that's just fine!
I really love this age, 6-9 months was always my favorite even before them. While being a mommy of twins is double the work and is a juggling act most of the time, it has gotten a lot easier. Because they are older and can play while I do whatever I need to do etc. It's still a lot of work taking care of two infants all day, especially bc they are still nursing. But I think it is just second nature now, I can do a lot at once bc I have had to learn to. Double the work, definitely double the love.
Each day, I love them more and more and just thank God for these miracles I get to call my children. It's been a whirlwind these past 11 months. The hard times have strengthened my character and my faith and the good times have made my heart swell w/ joy and appreciate all of my blessings.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awwwwwwwwww, I have been where you are now, and your comments just made me cry.........how fast it all goes by. And then they are all grown up, with kids of their own, just like you. Everything you have gone through, as you said, made you a much stronger person. You are a wonderful, loving, mommy. I am so proud of you.
<3 Mom