Monday, March 30, 2009

6 months old!!!

How are they 6 months old already!? HOW!?!? It actually makes me a little emotional, a little sad. It's a reminder that they grow up in the blink of an eye and well, I'm not ready. I wish the days would slow down. I try my best to savor each day with them as little babies but they just keep getting older. Each time they start doing something new it's very exciting but then it's a little sad bc again it is a reminder that they are really developing and growing up. But it's wonderful. Even before them, 6-8 months was my favorite age of baby's so it is really fun. They are just so playful and have so much personality.



Kaden is a very happy baby! He is patient, sweet and easy going. He sleeps really well and loves new things. He has this cute little laugh he does when he gets excited :) He has started laughing when Daddy kisses his belly and it makes me smile ear to ear. He loves to reach for and grab things! He loves to be snuggled by Mommy.


Kaleiah is very talkative when she wants to be. She babbles to herself much of the day in this sweet tiny voice and it almost sounds like she is singing bc she drags it out. Sometimes it's very quiet and sometimes it's loud like a squaking bird! When that happens we call her our little terradactyl :) She is so smiley and playful. She loves to roll over. She is very quick to do it and does it well! She loves to stand on our lap, it makes her very proud when we tell her how strong she is! She loves to hold her feetsies now too!

Life is so fun right now. They are at such a fun age and we have started going out more with them. Today in Babies R Us a new Dad of twins stopped us and was asking advice which we gladly offered up. Then I met a girl around my age there who is having twin girls! She asked me if I was breast feeding and we talked about it and I shared some advice with her too! Twins are so common these days!

Today at their 6 month check up they got their usual 2 shots each and actually handled them very well! Their Dr. says they look perfect and developing great! She said I was "amazing" for still nursing them exclusively. She said their weight gain is fantastic so I think I can officially quit worrying if they get enough from just me! :) I love it, it's so rewarding.
Kaden now weighs 14lb 140z and is 25 1/2 in. Kaleiah is 13lb 4oz and is 26 in, 1/2in taller than brother!
Their Dr. gave the go ahead on starting rice cereal and veggies but Randy and I are in no hurry. We'll probably start in a few weeks to a month. Their adjusted age is only 4-4 1/2 months old so there really is no rush. But trust us, when they do try it for the first time it will be videoed! :)
These babies blow me away. They are amazing and have brought more joy, happiness and purpose to our lives than we could have imagined. They are a gift from God and I am so grateful that He chose ME as their Mamma!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

First I have to say how very proud I am of youand what an amazing daughter you have been. You have been through so much to get these babies here. And now they are growing up to fast for me..........I know what you mean about savor the days and moments,,,,,,,,it goes in the blink of an eye. They are beautiful, and special. And so is their mama. Enjoy and savor the days. If we could just set in on slow motion.......love you Megan. You and Randy are special people with special babies. Love you, Mom

Meagan said...

You are so awesome! What a wonderful mommy! They are so adorable and I love how they match! Makes me wish I had twins swimming in my tummy! haha.

Java with the Johnsons said...

i started following your blog when i was pregnant with my twin boys...since we were due around the same time. you had yours early and i carried mine until 38 weeks...October 27. i was cheering you on as you tried to breastfeed...because i was also in the middle of the battle. my babies are only 5 months...and i get asked all the time if i'm STILL breastfeeding. well...yes i am...and i can't imagine doing anything else!!! Praise the Lord that your babies and mine are thriving!!! you have beautiful babies!!!