Monday, March 2, 2009

5 months old!

It is truly hard for me to believe that Kaden and Kaleiah are now 5 months old. It's bitter sweet because on one hand I'm sad how fast they are growing up but on the other I love how they are changing and developing into such fun babies!
All parents say don't blink bc it goes by so fast...boy are they right. I think about when we first brought them home and it feels like last week. We saw them every single day for 5 weeks in the NICU and that too feels just like yesterday. Even me being pregnant really feels like yesterday. Probably a dozen times a day when I'm playing with them or just holding them I think about how it was to have them inside my belly. I remember them kicking and moving and how when I was pregnant I wondered what they would look like and be like. Now they are almost half way to 1 year old. How does that happen? I constantly look at pictures of them from when they were in the NICU and when they were just a few months old. They have changed SO MUCH and have come a long way. I absolutely love being their Mommy, it is truly indescribable. Every time I look at them I still thank my heavenly Father for protecting all 3 of us during my best rest and for the fact that Kaden and Kaleiah are such healthy, happy little babies! I still just can't beleive they are 5 months old!



This is probably my all time favorite picture of them together, that I took yesterday!

Today, 3/2/09 Kaleiah rolled over from her back to her tummy!

5 comments:

Ange said...

Okay, these kids are seriously adorable!!!

travis and hayley said...

i seriously love that picture where kaleiah is laughing and kaden is smiling. they are soo precious and i too can't believe they are 5 months.

The Brook's said...

I LOVE that picture too...It is my new favorite! They have to be the cutest babies I have ever seen. Can they please come out and play with Mike and I soon... =)

Dan and Sam said...

where does the time go?? 5 months!!! before you know it they will be walking and talking! It goes by way too fast! They are just darling!! Gracie and Hannah can't wait for a play date!! =)

Brenda said...

I love the pics of them! They are so stinking cute!

I know Meg, I remember saying to you how fast the first 3 months would go by, even though on the one hand it seemed like so long to get through th e"preemie" satge. But it has flown by!

Makes me sort of sad.............but I too am so grateful that you all made it safe and sound. And you especially for your strength, determination, and love for those two babies to be able to after all you and they have been throughj, BFeed them exclusively!!! You are my hero!! I am so proud of you I could burst!

Love you,
Mom