Friday, August 15, 2008

Week 26

Today begins week 26 and it is yet another milestone. This week the babies length is somewhere between 9-9.25 inches and they are weighing in at around 2 lbs. They are about the size of a liter of soda. This week, some of his most notable developments are cosmetic: Their eyebrows and eyelashes are thick and lush now, and the hair on their heads have grown longer and denser. By this time, all the parts of your babies eyes are in place, and they are getting ready to open them in just a couple of weeks! Your babies lungs continue to grow stronger, readying them for life outside the womb.

Its so fun to see where and how our babies are developing. It has also been such a blessing that our babies have always been a bit ahead of the curve when it comes to development. They have always measured in at about 5 days ahead. This past Tuesday we had an ultrasound and the babies were weighing in right around the 2 lb mark and we actually got to see our little girls eye moving around. It was so weird looking at the ultrasound image and seeing her look left and right.

Today marks day 17 in the hospital. We cant believe we have already been here for 2 1/2 weeks. The time seems to be flying by, which is a good thing. A few days ago I had my Catheter removed which was a double edged sword. While they took it out for good reason (to eliminate the risk of infection which can cause labor) It was nice that I didn't know that i when i was ever going pee. The good thing now is that I don't have this irritant in my bladder, however now I have to use a bed pan to go pee. The trade off is pretty equal.

This morning a social worker came in and brought a lot of materials that we will be able to read/watch that will help us in preparing for pregnancy. This will be great because not only will it pass the time, but we get to watch the classes that we were planning on taking before I had to go on bed rest. Lamaze class, a marvelous multiples class, and a book written by a woman who was on bed rest from 9 weeks on are just a few of the resources available.

Overall there really hasn't been much change in the past week, we are trying to settle in as best as we can but it is definitely a different world we are getting used to. Last time I reported that they took me off the Mag for 6 hours to see how I respond, and unfortunately my body must like the mag so they had to put me back on because the contractions went sky high. The good thing is that the mag level is low enough to tolerate it and other than having the blood draws in the morning and the restriction of liquid, it really isn't much different than not being on it.

We are making headway and we would love your continued support and prayers. Please continue to pray for the health and safety of the babies, that they will stay cookin for at least another 6 weeks!! Please also pray for the Holy Spirit to continue to overflow from us and comfort us.

We love you all and we thank you for all your prayers and support.

Love,
Megan and Randy +2

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats on making it to week 26!!!

You are doing so fantastic for all you have been through and all you have yet to go through! You are showing incredible strength, fortitude, and determination. You have such a positive outlook, given the circumstnces thrust upon you. Not sleeping so well in a hospital, their delicious food, NOT, being poked, prodded, and then trying to do your best to rest etc.!! Come on, seriously, do Drs and nures and SW'ks really think you REST in a hospital??? Give me a break! I don't care what anyone says and you know who I mean.............you have a support system like no one else on the planet!

We are all still praying for you and the babies. God is taking care of you all. He will see us all through this!

Don't worry what seemingly educated people say to you, we know you better than anyone else!

Love you!
Mom

Suefalla said...

we are praying for you and the babys!

Anonymous said...

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person but I consider your mother, Brenda, a very dear friend. I just wanted to let you know that I hope for the best for you and your family; and that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you endure the upcoming weeks. I wish you the best of luck.

From all of us at Arlen Ness Motorcycles of Daytona