Monday, August 18, 2008

20 days!

I can not believe tomorrow makes 3 weeks in the hospital!! Could not do it w/o the strength of the Lord. Its is 4:15pm right now and it's going on the 4th day that I have not had to have a shot Turbutaline to stop my contractions!!! That's a huge thing for us, kinda of a good or bad day maker. It means my contractions have been less than 8 every single hour for 3.5 days. That's amazing. Although the nurse just informed us that last hour I had 8 but it's most likely due to an upset stomach. Digestion is not friendly when all you do is lay down all day.
Had my IV changed for the 5th time last night. It's one of the things I hate the most bc I DO NOT like knowing something in in my vein. I wear this thing on my wrist that they gave me to cover it so I don't have to see it. Last night they only had to try twice (like last time). The SWEET nurse couldn't get it, I guess my vein rolled, so she got the supervisor who when she saw me in tears said she WOULD get it. Too bad I hear that every time :( But two tries is better than 5 or six like on my 3rd IV. Still getting blood drawn once a day-which is not bad at all. Of course it's not fun and I feel like a pin cushion but 1 time a day is better than 2-4. Mom washed my hair again yesterday which is a big ordeal in its self since i can't sit up. It's probably my favorite thing to do here and so far it's only happened twice. Anything too exciting causes too many contractions so we have to wait for "a good day."
My sister in law made me some other clothes to wear besides a gross hospital gown! She took the time to put buttons all the way down one side and on top of shoulders for easy opening on a nice, comfy, stretchy, soft t shirt. Way better than a ugly, starchy gown that I know others have worn. She has 2 more coming to me :)
Well that is about the latest on updates. Thank to everyone again for their thoughts, cards, flowers, gifts and PRAYERS. We can't thank you enough!!!!!! Praise God that it's been 3 weeks!!! Hopefully only 5.5 more to go and maybe I can do bed rest at home!
Megan

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Megan! It sounds like Dr.s might have a handle on the contractions now! Let's pray they do! I hate being gone from you this week in Madison for work. But I feel better about it this week too. When I get back we'll wash your hair again!! Something for you to look forward to! I get back next Monday night! Miss you! Love you! Have faith and you two keep asking everyone to contiue the prayers for the babies to stay put and that you will make it to 36 weeks!! That'd be great!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan and Randy, thanks for keeping up the blog. I hate not seeing you or talking with you, but have comfort in your words.
Love you both!
Suz

Cami said...

I've been following your blog and keeping your family in my prayers. The optimism you both have and your reliance on the Lord is so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan & Randy, Boy where have I been? Under a rock I guess... I was shocked to find out about Meghan in the hospital with the Twins. I hope that all is going well. I can't wait to meet your precious little ones! I love the blog, cute socks Megan!!
Rachelle & Brian Withers