Friday, August 8, 2008

Hospital Day 10

Wow, I have been in this room for 10 days. in this BED, for 10 days. Hard to believe. It's actually going by pretty fast. I just try not to think of the fact that I have around 50 to go...IN HERE.


I just keep praying it get to go home and be on bed rest, at least I would be in my own home, my own bed with the surrounding I know and love. BUT this is where I need to be right now, its the best place for me...for our babies.

Since I'm on so many meds and pills and tubes, I have to be here. I also have around the clock nurses which I know puts Randy's and my families minds at ease.

Today I am 25 weeks! Every single day the babies stay inside me is a huge deal and a goal we have reached. Every day inside me is 2 days less in the NICU. Everyday counts so much.


God has been SO good and shown up so many times already...actually He never leaves but we see Him working sometimes more easily than others. He keep watching over us and hearing us.

A huge goal was reached today and a it's a huge blessings. Along with the constant dripping of mag in me, I take a pill 3 times a day for contractions. Between them both, it's working to keep my contractions low. I can't have more than 8 an hour or I get that terrible shot....which I had to get last night.

While it hurts, it's not the pain I mind...it's the way the medication takes over my body and makes me feel. I was hit with that shot so many times when I first got here so I have bad memories of it. That's why whenever I have to get it I get so scared. But on the other hand we know how well this shot works, it knocks out my contractions completely for a few solid hours so it's sort of a relief.

Anyways, today they decided to take me of the mag for 6 hours and see how I do. We have been waiting for this day for DAYS. So definitely praise God today for that, for the fact that I am at 25 weeks (it's also exactly 1 weeks since that major test came back negative) and that things just get a little better as days go by.

They finally let my mom wash my hair yesterday and I felt like a new person. Randy took some hospital sheets and a gown home to wash so that they would smell like home, smell familiar. When you are stuck somewhere strange, somewhere you didn't wan to be, small things like that can lift you're spirits so much.

There is SO much more to tell about this experience but right now it' too much for me. One day I hope to, although the first 5 days are a blur to me and I will need to rely on Randy and my mom to fill me in on a lot of it.

I am just so thankful for the small things that get me through each day. I try my hardest not to think about the fact that 2 months of my life will be spent n this room, in this bed. For someone who LOVES the fresh air, the outside and especially the ocean...it's very daunting.

But I try to keep those thoughts at bay or I will be depressed. 2 months of my life will hopefully be just the blink of an eye. But hard to remember that when you are forbidden to even get out of a bed. Can't stand or even sit up. One day I hope they will at least let me sit up. It's also hard for me to be so dependent on others. I have to have someone to practically EVERYTHING for me. I just keep telling myself, as each week passes it will get easier.

There is not enough words,and they don't have enough meaning to be able to thank my amazing husband. There is NO way i would have ever even made it this far. He is so selfless and just simply so amazing. He knows me better than anyone so he knows just what I need when I need it, especially emotionally. He is the other half of my heart so this is as hard for him as it is for me. He has been so strong and brave for me. I pray one day I can be that for him.

My mom too, don't know what I would have done without her here. She knows me on a different level than anyone too bc well, I am HER baby. She canceled a business trip and has been here everyday. I'm so grateful to have her. Randy's parents, my twin and other siblings, sis in law, co workers and friends have all shown amazing support and love and it has been sooo needed.

Sorry for rambling, I guess I just felt up to typing today.

Please, please keep praying and here is what you can pray for specifically:
1) Our babies stay inside me until at least 32 weeks.

2) My contractions STOP
3) My cervix lengthens
Don't know how I'll ever properly thank them all.

Thank you to those who have kept us in your prayers, thoughts and hearts and have offered support in any way.

To God be the glory!
Megan and Randy +2

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Megan you are stronger than you ever thought imaginable! You will look back at this time and know that because you went through this tough time, you can probably go through just about anything thrown your way! You have a huge support team rallying around you! And God will see you through this. We all love you very much! Just stay positive, think good thoughts. It will all be OK. Believe.

Love you,
Mom