Sunday, November 10, 2013

20 weeks update!

October 28th marked 20 weeks, half way already!
I had my 20 week check up and detailed ultrasound on the 29th. I had been waiting for that day FOREVER and it felt like it would never come. It was our first real ultrasound and first time getting to see our baby and how she'd grown. I had two early ultrasounds, one at 6 and one at 7 weeks and of course the bay was only the size and shape of a gummy bear. I had had two cervix ultrasounds (which I have every 2 weeks) but never got to see her for more that 2 seconds. Once we saw the leg and toro flash up on the screen and the next cervix ultrasound was the day she wrote down the gender for us so she had us look away from the screen, so we didn't see her that day.

Every single thing regarding baby was perfectly on track, normal and looking good! I was nervous for it (as I was with the twins') because of course you don't want them to find anything wrong. But everything is perfect! My cervix and uterus are holding up perfectly as well and that continues to give me so much hope that I will indeed get to go full term and have a normal, complication free pregnancy. Words can not describe how excited I am to experience that and how grateful I am that so far everything is fine.

Of course it was amazing getting to see baby Craft, see just how big she is (she weighed 13 oz already), see all her fully formed limbs, fingers and toes, her sweet profile. She was very active and has so much room in there, something I am still getting used to...only carrying one! We even saw her cute little ankles crossed. As soon as the ultrasound tech put up her profile I immediately thought she looked like a mix of both Kaden and Kaleiah, she didn't look more like one or the other to me. She didn't have as tiny of a button nose as Kaleiah but she had her big cheeks. Her profile reminded me of Kaden's. I can't wait to see what she looks like! We are definitely going to do a 4D at some point :)

Love our new baby girl!

Mamma at 20 weeks




No comments: