Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

On Christmas eve we went ice skating at church before service, it was K&K's first time :)












After service the twins and I came home (obviously being a Pastor, Daddy had to stay a while longer at church) and I made the birthday cake for Jesus! This was our first year doing this and will continue to bea tradition. K&K really got Christmas this year, it was incredible to see how much more they understood and enjoyed it versus last year!! When they were newborns we had multiple talks about what we would do as far as teaching them about Christmas (the whole believing in Santa thing or not) and I really think we found the perfect balance. All season we explained the reason for Christmas was Jesus being born and why we get and give gifts but we also played into the whole Santa Clause thing which was so exciting for them. I can't wait to see how much more they get it as each year passes. So we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and blew out the candles (probably 4 times because they loved it so much) :) Then we got the cookies and milk ready for Santa and the carrot and celery for the reindeer :) It was such a magical night and brought back the excitement and anticipation I felt when I was a kid, and I was feeling for my kids now. I was so excited for them! It was the best Christmas eve since they were born, hands down. I know next year will be even better!







1 comment:

Meagan said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! I love your ice skating outfit :) I also love how you guys set up new traditions...the kids are going to love doing these things over the years!

PS The peas are A-dorable!