Thursday, June 23, 2011

A first at Disneyland

Hi munchkins! As you know, we go to Disneyland a lot and a lot of the time we ride the same rides bc you definetly have favorites. We have gotten there many, many times as the parade is going on, have been on rides and seen it going on and have glanced at it as we walk to our next ride but we have never stopped and actually watched it. I guess the reason is, we only have a 2-3 hour window each time we go and we don't want to waste time watching it when we could be on a ride. Well, on this particular day we were riding tea cups and just as it was ending, the parade was passing us, the beginning of the parade in fact! We walked over to our stroller and we were blocked in but it happened to be right up front with a perfect view of the parade! First character in the parade was Mickey and he waved RIGHT to Kaleiah! You both LOVED seeing all of your favorite characters in person. The complete and total look of of wonder and pure innocence and joy in your little faces was making me choke up. I tell you, I LIVE for little moments like that. Little treasures that I tuck away deep in my heart that I'll never forget. Simple but magical moments...I just love seeing the world through your eyes! Since we were so close, most of the characters made eye contact with you and waved to you and you waved right back! Kaleiah, you have known of and liked the Disney Princesses for a while now although we haven't watched many of their movies. Last month Nana gave you Little Mermaid to watch and you are now all about Ariel! You love her! When she passed us in the parade your little face lit up and the best part was your reaction after she waved right to you! I was just so excited for you! I am so glad we got stuck and watched te parade with you! You both just loved it!!!

Tea cups!



We spied the parade coming!





this was her face right after Ariel waved to her!










so sweet


We got them a treat in the form of a colorful lollipop and they could barely wait as we unwrapped it :)






loving it



we met up for a few w/ my twin sis and her boyfriend

1 comment:

Tara said...

i looove the parades!! its one of those little things at disneyland that just give me goosebumps and make me feel so warm and fuzzy. love love love them!!

adorable pics!!!