Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day fun

I'm not a huge Valentines Day celebrating kind of person, never have been. I will admit that I do love getting a box of chocolates and or a flower from my sweet heart though. Typically, we don't make a big fuss over V-day bc we don't need a Holiday to celebrate or express our love...we do that everyday :) But this year with the kiddies made it really fun! Last year they were only 16 months. This year with them being 28 months, they were a lot more fun :) When they woke up I told them Happy Valentines Day and told them V-Day means LOVE! Kaleiah immediately did the sign for "love" which was so cute :) I told them the day was also about wearing pink, red and hearts hee hee :) While they were napping I decided to make Kaleiah and I a heart hair clip made from some felt scraps I had left over and they turned out pretty cute! I also bought two adorable Valentines owl necklaces that you put together yourself for $1 at Michales like a month ago! I ended up wearing one with Kaleiah bc it just looked too girly on Kaden :( And for their outfits, I just went with clothes they already had bc I just couldn't justify spending money on new clothes just so they could wear pink and red for V-day :) They were cute as buttons anyway :)

Onto what we did to celebrate...there is a place at our fav outdoor mall that I have always wanted to go to and I felt like it was so cute and perfect for Valentines Day. It's called the Sweet Shop and it's where you can make your own cupcakes!!! You pick the cupcake flavor, the frosting and then they have rows and rows of candy and cookies to put on top! It's totally hands on and I knew my cuties would LOVE it! And LOVE it they did! I kept it a surprise til we got there but the whole drive up I was telling them Mommy and Daddy had a surprise for them! Kaden was so cute he kept saying "a treat? a treat Mommy?" When we were walking up to the shop we stopped and I told them what we were doing and the look on their faces was SO CUTE!!!

They had a ball! And I loved every minute of watching them enjoying themselves and helping them! They loved picking out their own candy to put on it and scooping it out themselves. More candy went in their mouth then onto their cupcakes but you gotta go with the flow sometimes :) It was seriously such a great little date the 4 of us had <3



Before we left for the cupcake fun, my adorable husband brought our daughter a rose. I almost cried it was so cute! Her first rose and it was from her Daddy. That's just the way it should be! I love that so much. Then I got a rose from my sweet little Prince in training which also almost brought me to tears from the sheer sweetness! I gushed over it and his little face was indescribable. So proud and I think he felt really special that he made me so excited :) It was priceless. Little moments tucked away in the pocket of my heart :)

















5 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun for them! What a great idea for V-Day!

Tara said...

pretty much the best activity ever!!! we need a cupcake decorating place around here!!!!!

Tara said...

oh and p.s. sorry i didnt respond to your question on my blog about my photo blog...i compl it has been a nice little break though

Tara said...

wait, did my comment just show up blank?! as soon as i hit publish, it looked like half my comment got deleted. :(

ill wait for when you publish and ill go back and see...

3 boys 1 princess said...

what a cute lil family date! i love you and your daughters matching heart clips :)