Monday, April 12, 2010

The hospital

Today we were getting the twins' certified birth certificates and were right across the street from the hospital where we lived for 2 months while I was on bed rest and where the babies were in the NICU for 5 weeks after their birth. We decided to stop by and see which nurses were working and show off the twins! Two of my fav daytime nurses were working and we also saw my Dr. who I just love. We also saw one of the NICU nurses who remembered us!
It was very strange being there, I have a love/hate relationship with that hospital. I hate it bc I was confined in a bed there for 2 months and then had to be there everyday for another 5 weeks to see my babies. But I love it bc if it were not for me being hospitalized, the babies would not be here. I am grateful for all of the nurses and Dr.'s who took care of all of us every single day and night for 3 months.
The last time we were there the babies were 6 months old. They couldn't believe how big and healthy they are and how much Kaden looks like and me Kaleiah looks like Randy! :)
What a special day today was!


The pics were taken on Randy's phone so excuse the quality!



Mommy and here babies in front of the hospital
The NICU
Great nurses!!!


This grassy area is where I was rolled out on a gurney to, twice. My only times outside in 2 months, for 10 minutes!

1 comment:

Tara said...

wow, what a sentimental trip! i cant even imagine. i was not on bed rest nor was brady in the nicu, but i recently went back to the L & D unit at the hospital where i had him (to visit a friend who had a baby) and i got so emotional and warm and fuzzy and teary. i CANT IMAGINE what it must have felt like for you!! how awesome!!